Welcome to 2003

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Welcome to 2003

Postby priya978 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:23 pm

Which one is higher on your priorities OT?<BR>Puccinini's Lakeside Villa or Gelato?
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:27 pm

Gelato is fleeting...Puccini is FOREVER! ;) But, the good thing is I don't have to choose...I CAN HAVE BOTH!!! <P>PS. OMG, this evil thread has hit five pages!! :eek:<p>[ 02-04-2003: Message edited by: operatenor ]
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:21 am

Well, some of gelato is fleeting. I still have some of it hanging over my belt from my trip in 1997.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><STRONG>Take it to another board and let's try to get back to the issue at hand, classical music.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>huh? which issue? I don't see no classical music on this thread.<p>[ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: bignaf ]
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><STRONG>Wanna explain this one?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i will. you are allowed to kill uneducated people. (or [more specific] people who haven't learned [and agreed] HR's fanatic-liberal theories).
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><STRONG><P>Thank you so stay the hell out of mine. Keep the law in place and let women have the right to choose.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>doing what "liberals" do best - chanting slogans. (adding to the flames of this thread).
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:44 pm

Blow off.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby bignaf » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:45 pm

OK after the short inflamatory break we'll get back to buisness. so how's the gelato coming.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:11 pm

Can't give you a gelato update until July.<P>As for that other subject, LALALALALALALALALA I'm not listening!<P>Why don't we discuss something novel on this thread, like maybe European orchestra's policies concerning women? Hey, I think that's a great idea! ;)
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby dkm32 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:54 pm

Hose 'em down again, FirefighterBrad !!!<P>First time didn't take!
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby garn » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:11 pm

<small>[ 09-12-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: HenryRhenals ]</small>
-Henry Rhenals-
garn
5th Chair

Postby bignaf » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HenryRhenals:<BR><STRONG>A "global standard" should be constructed and enforced for all man.<P>I'd also like to add that any form of generalization or classification of people is ridiculous as all human beings are very complex and from birth make varying calculations. <P>You may say liberal, democrat, republican, or fascist, but in the end, we're all animals who want to live comfortably. And this comfort can be easily achieved by total acceptance and compassion for all human beings that would meet a "global standard".<P>Rationality my friends, rationality.<P>[ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: HenryRhenals ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>true. we need all gelato to have the same standard. it is not fair that we can't get any decent gelato here on the left side of the atlantic.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nicole Marie:<BR><STRONG>Blow off.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't understand slang so you'll have to be less subtle.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:35 am

Henry, Henry, Henry...<P>What would you think about the "global standard" you want enforced on all people meant you had to spend your time listening to hip-hop and reading bodice ripper novels? What if it had you eating nothing but sardines and wilted lettuce? What if it had you worshipping a golden calf?<P>Some folks may prefer to live that way, but trying to come up with a panacea like that is simply despotic. You want to have one adult and the rest of the world treated as children. If you don't think that would cause a revolt, you haven't read much history.<P>You have even stated that humans could never conform to that standard by saying that the classification of people is ridiculous and make varying calculations. I assume that applies to what makes them comfortable as well.<P>I see no rationality in the possibility of universal acceptance of someone else's idea of a "global standard."
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Bones » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:46 am

I think there must be a global standard for gelato. Otherwise, somebody would try to pass off nonfat frozen yogurt as the real stuff.
"I try to think, but nothing happens!" - Curly Howard
Bones
3rd Chair

Postby bigjoel » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HenryRhenals:<BR><STRONG>A "global standard" should be constructed and enforced for all man.<P>[ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: HenryRhenals ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Henry my friend,<P>What do you envision this "global standard" you speak of as being? Specifically, what "standards" would <I>you</I> like to see "enforced". Would they (the standards) be total acceptance and compassion or are there others that would be incorporated?
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working when you get up in the morning, and doesn't stop until you get to the office. <BR>-Robert Frost
bigjoel
4th Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bignaf:<BR><STRONG><P>true. we need all gelato to have the same standard. it is not fair that we can't get any decent gelato here on the left side of the atlantic.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gelato as a global standard would get my vote!<P><BR> :cool:
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby EJA » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:40 pm

Frankly, it's my impression that Mr. Rhenals posts when he is high. At least, that's the only way I can account for his irrationality and self-contradiction. <P>Nevertheless, I will address his latest anyhow. Such a "Global Standard" exists. It is the handbook for life, otherwise known as the Bible. People that <B>genuinely</B> live by the Bible lead happy lives that do not impinge on the ability of their fellows to lead happy lives. They do not contract STDs. They do not need abortions. They do not have drug problems. They do not start fights (though at times they may have to finish them). They do not abuse their spouses or children. They do not murder. They do not lie, cheat, or steal. This is because the Bible tells us what life is all about, how it works, and how to live it succesfully. <P>The problem is, most people refuse to <B>genuinely</B> live by the Bible. Everyone is looking for the easy way out. This will be the case with any "Global Standard." People will not abide by it. Furthermore any "Global Standard" concocted by finite and depraved human beings will be grossly deficient and contorted by comparison to the Bible, inasmuch as the Bible was designed and written by the omnisicient, omnipotent Chief Engineer of this globe. <P>So, put <I>that</I> in your pipe and smoke it, Mr.Rhenals.
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:00 pm

Ethan, you usually seem to have a perspective that doesn't occur to me (now, don't say it! :)
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby garn » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:20 pm

<small>[ 09-12-2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: HenryRhenals ]</small>
-Henry Rhenals-
garn
5th Chair

PreviousNext