Radiohead

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Radiohead

Postby blueiris » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome OT (or is it OpT now?) There seem to be quite a few of us from SAN...Nice! I wish we had a decent classical station, only for times when one can't get to the computer, of course.....
"I'm trying to arrange my life so that I don't even have to be present."
Anonymous
blueiris
4th Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:52 am

I agree. I was sorry to KFSD go. The stuff on KPBS at night seems like they have an "attitude" sometimes.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:11 am

Hey Serenity - Have fun at Lallapollza (sp)! I'd like a full report upon your return. Who's playing in this year line up? Nice to have Perry back with Jane's, I always wig out when I hear the Mountian Song! There is this great road called Rt 44 in CT that crawls over Avon MT - it's a blast to pop in the Mt Song as you drive down to the bottom.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:39 pm

http://www.lollapalooza.com
This link's for you, so you don't have to spell it in the search engines. Check the artist links and city concert dates. I'm not sure how "accurate" my accounts will be; maybe I should just tie a videocam on me --then again, that would make me "conspicuous".
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:55 pm

Depends on where you put the camera.... ;)
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Marye » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:43 pm

OT ... LOL :D
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby boosky » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:24 am

great topic..... one of my favorites is kiss.... they are terrific live. old vanhalen...... alot of clasic rock... hendrix.... lynard skynard... opne of the best progressive rock bands dream theatre... great musicians.......
MUSIC IS THE FLOWER OF FEELING
boosky
5th Chair

Postby Marye » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:25 am

Hello Boosky,

I never liked KISS - but Lynerd Skynerd, yup and Hendix, you bet.

Big concert in Toronto (Downsview) starting at noon today headlined by ACDC, The Stones, (and a bunch of Canadian acts, Rush, Tea Party, Guess Who, Blue Rodeo and loads of others. Half a million expected and you have to walk two hours from the last train to get there. ... and Angie, if you are out there, Ralph Klein is there to flip burgers. :D ;)
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby jmfryar » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:39 am

I thihk I need to emigrate to Canada...that sounds like an excellent concert!!

Kiss and Aerosmith are touring together...just saw a television commercial for it in a bar last night.

Since when are there television commercials for concerts???
jmfryar
3rd Chair

Postby Marye » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:45 am

Originally posted by jmfryar:

Kiss and Aerosmith are touring together...just saw a television commercial for it in a bar last night.
The tickets were $20.00 each ... it is to bring tourism back to the Toronto after SARS and the burgers are to show we are not worried about Mad Cow.

And YIKES! about Kiss and Aerosmith touring together. :eek: :eek:
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby jmfryar » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:53 am

That sounds like an excelelnt idea...I actually had to turn down a free trip to Toronto 2 weeks ago, but will get up there soon.

Sigh...maybe they should have advertised it on television...I woulda come up for it!!

And Aerosmith and Kiss...uhmmm...at least Kiss wears makeup to cover the effect of the drugs and the years, but Aerosmith is looking every day of their age and then some...he's gotta be careful not to break a hip...

and when was the last time either band released something original? And I don't mean the latest illegitimate child that has popped up...
jmfryar
3rd Chair

Postby Marye » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:58 am

And Aerosmith and Kiss...uhmmm...at least Kiss wears makeup to cover the effect of the drugs and the years, but Aerosmith is looking every day of their age and then some......and when was the last time either band released something original?
Well thanks for that good laugh. The Toxic Twins certainly are scary looking now... I loved Aerosmith in the 70's... the decade THEY can't remember. :D
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby Marye » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:24 pm

Jm

I think I need to emigrate to Canada...that sounds like an excellent concert!!
Webcam: canoe.ca[/URL]

<small>[ 07-30-2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Marye ]</small>
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby Angie Parkes » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:22 pm

From jmfryar:
Not to mention the possibilities of dating polite Canadian women :D

It must have been a great concert. I listened to some of the broadcast. It was simulcast here in the Saddledome (yes, friends, that's the real name, and it does look like a saddle, albeit an English riding saddle, not a western one).

We heard that Ralph was flipping a kilometre of burgers. I was waiting for him to receive a cream pie for dessert. ;) (For folks who don't pay attention to Canadian news, and that would be 98% of readers is my guess, the premier of the province I live in, Ralph Klein, was smooshed in the face with a cream pie during his own Stampede breakfast. Albertans are pretty evenly split evenly between cheering and condemning the perpetrators.)

Anyway, I'm showing my age when I say that a few tunes by Lighthouse and April Wine can bring back a happy memory or two, as can Golden Earring and Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. And I've enjoyed nearly anything I've heard from the Bare Naked Ladies (where were they yesterday, I wonder?) I'm a folkie at heart, though, and saw the late, great Stan Rogers in concert 3 times.
Cheers,
Angie
Angie Parkes
3rd Chair

Postby Marye » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:30 pm

Oh my Angie, a folkie at heart and you are younger by 4 years! You and my partner Brian. He can claim numerous Stan Roger concerts and a memorial - actually one of our friends (more Brian's than my own) was the bassist for Stan. What a voice did Stan have.. and you are right about BNL? Where were they.

And did you read (and JM this might be of interest for that polite Canadian woman you might be looking for :D :D
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby jmfryar » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:15 am

Now now...concerts at Cental Park in New York are just as polite...as long as you're there with a group of friends. And armed.

no, seriously, I've never had a problem with a central part concert or performance (Shakespeare in the park is always excellent) - although I won't go near the city on the days of certain ethnic events...even if I was with a group of armed friends...

So, polite women, great concerts...tell me more!
jmfryar
3rd Chair

Postby Angie Parkes » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:36 pm

And did you read...that there were no scuffles in the crowd in Toronto, they were all politely shaking hands, greeting people from out of town and probably passing joints.
I was going to mention this in my last post, but I thought no one would believe it. Apparently folks were smoking in full view of the cops who were pretty laid back about the whole thing. I heard that a few women got naked, some more than others, but that's pretty much de rigeur for summer rock concerts. And in the absence of BNL, probably absolutely necessary.
Cheers,
Angie
Angie Parkes
3rd Chair

Postby Angie Parkes » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:52 pm

From jmfryar:
polite women, great concerts...tell me more!
legalized pot, same-sex marriage, a year's child-care leave that can be shared between parents, socialized medicine, gun control, Ben Heppner, the boreal forest, Old Montreal and Quebec City, Tuesday night hippo racing in Calgary...
Cheers,
Angie
Angie Parkes
3rd Chair

Postby jmfryar » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:55 pm

Sigh...odd thing is that my ex-wife's father's family is from Canada - French Quebec though...people keep telling me there's a difference.

Hmmm....but there's massive unemployment, a stagnant economy and the constant threat that the Candian government is going to pack it in and cut a deal with the U.S. to accept them as the next 7 states...

I wonder if there are any Canadian women looking to meet an American man?
jmfryar
3rd Chair

Postby Marye » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:59 pm

[QUOTE]Apparently folks were smoking in full view of the cops who were pretty laid back about the whole thing. I heard that a few women got naked, some more than others, but that's pretty much de rigeur for summer rock concerts /QUOTE]

Yes, in full view... in fact the police say, "we are not fading into a huge crowd to go after someone with a joint... please"

JM? Canada sounding better now? ;) ;)
Marye
2nd Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Nicole Marie