Talcott Mountain Music Festival

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Talcott Mountain Music Festival

Postby jmfryar » Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:10 pm

Well, I used the tickets I won for Friday night's performance of Symphonic Swing with Big Bad Voodoo Dadddy. Got there 15 minutes late, found a small section about halfway back, set up my chair and table, busted out the Mike's, sat back and enjoyed the rest of the symphony while I caught my breath. Excellent as always, the sound system that they have was suprisingly good.

I had a second Mike's and crowd watched as the set up for BBVD. The only complaint that I might have is that they didn't play Zoot Suit Riot, possibly their only signature song, but is that really a complaint when every other song they did was excellent?

The rain held off until the very last song, but the downpour only seemed to inspire them to put their all into every last note. I dashed for a support tower with my 3rd Mikes and watched the teenagers dance around in the rain (they did NOT make them that way when I was their age and I am NOT that much older!!). They finished, the rain got harder, I made several new friends with people who had also sought shelter and we all dashed out when the rain slackened...

I would have stopped by the booth to ay hey, but with the rain, the crowd, and you all looking like you were moving to beat the band to get everything packed up (nice mercedes, btw) I figured that would have to wait for another time.

That had to be one of the better evenings I've had in a while. THANKS!!!
jmfryar
3rd Chair

Re: Talcott Mountain Music Festival

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:36 pm

To bad we missed ya'! It was a great concert and we became very popular when the rain hit - our tent housed a few families that night.

Try to make it out to the finale this Friday. If not stop by the studio's one day! The doors always open, just ask for Dan, Eric or myself.

<small>[ 07-14-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Nicole Marie ]</small>
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: Talcott Mountain Music Festival

Postby jmfryar » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm

Could've been even more popular if you were giving shuttle rides in the Mercedes...
;)
I think I will have to at least stop by - do you have the baseball caps for sale there? Or are those only orderable over the internet?
jmfryar
3rd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie