So. Cal Grocery Strike (Week 16)

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: So. Cal Grocery Strike (Week 16)

Postby Shapley » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:06 pm

Wal-Mart, like any other defendant, is innocent unless proven guilty.

regarding the So-Cal grocery strike, it seems to me that Wal-Mart is being beat up on for looking out for their customers by keeping costs, including employment costs, down in order to keep consumer prices low.

When did this become a bad thing?
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:33 pm

Although beating up on Wal-Mart can be fun, and although Wal-Mart does function as a grocery in other locales, in SoCal, they stock fewre groceries than my local liquor store.

SO, they didnt cause the SoCal grocery strike.

re healthcare - I'm in biotech. We have excellent healthcare (try to get people to work with known infectious blood otherwise.....), and I'm frequently shocked by the low level of care provided in other industries.

So, although I am sick unto tears of the strike, I understand why the unions might push for better coverage.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:25 am

Union is not pushing for better coverage. Stores are pushing for lower coverage and higher employee percentage of premiums.

Consider that these people handle your food, including the meat and the produce. I want them healthy. How about you?
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby The Great Carouser » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:34 pm

Originally posted by Selma in San Diego:
Union is not pushing for better coverage. Stores are pushing for lower coverage and higher employee percentage of premiums.

Consider that these people handle your food, including the meat and the produce. I want them healthy. How about you?
"Brava!" :D
"I adore art...when I am alone with my notes, my heart pounds and the tears stream from my eyes, and my emotion and my joys are too much to bear"-Giuseppe Verdi
The Great Carouser
3rd Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie