Names for Children and/or Pets (aka children)

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Names for Children and/or Pets (aka children)

Postby sadie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:16 pm

My cat named quite unimaginitively "Kitty" is quite ill with a reaction to a vaccine. Fortunately the vaccine company will cover the costs of the vet-already mounting. I've been up 2 nights caring for him.....

Hopefully he'll survive and I'll rename him "Lucky"!!
sadie
sadie
4th Chair

Postby mmichaelson » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:40 pm

oh sadie! I hope he's ok.
Mandi, Proud Mommy to fawn boxer Sam and two tabby kitties: Chloe and Ty!
mmichaelson
2nd Chair

Postby lioness » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:44 pm

sadie,
i believe in a lot of holistic care for my babes. let me know if you want me to look in the big book for some remedies that may ease his discomfort.

-lioness
My music is best understood by children and animals.
Igor Stravinsky (1882 - 1971)
lioness
2nd Chair

Postby sadie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks-
I've been on the phone with the manufacturer and some vets- He has a high fever, arthritis(barely walking)not eating much-
He's on some medicines, fluids injected under the coat...if not better tomorrow he will get a IV. Mr. Teen just fed him a shrimp which he ate which is a good sign. Lobster next?
And thanks I would like to hear about holistic remedies.
sadie
sadie
4th Chair

Postby cheetah » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:29 pm

I don't know much about animal care, but I wish you the best. Hope he feels better, poor thing.

Cheetah
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."-- William Shakespeare's Hamlet
cheetah
4th Chair

Postby cheetah » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:16 am

I went back and read the original question. In my short life (and yes I got the wisk joke) my family has had three dogs, one cat, three birds, and a rough amount of fish. My mother had a little terrier of some sort named Princess when she was a girl (it was her little sister's but she took care of her) and bird named Indigo in college. He was apparently very intelligent and long lived for a parakeet. She also had a horse named Gemini's Sunset or Gemini for short. It's kind of interesting that I was born a Gemini and that was my mother's horse's name even though he had died at least 3 years before I was born.

The pets that I've been around for:
Rex: Alaskan Malamute, my mom picked him up off the street long before I was born, both he and I thought he was my older brother, HUGE and I mean 3 1/2 feet at the shoulder, lived to be 13 (which is 5 more years than Malamutes are supposed to live)
Bear: Husky, sweet dog, rescued him in a snowstorm from a neglectful neighbor and made them pay us for food and medical care, poor thing had to be put down after we had him for only about a year because he was so old and beyond help
Kimu: Black Belgian Shepherd, also rescued, sweet dog when he was allowed to relax, he had been used as a prison guard dog and was going to be put down because he was deemed to viscious, but my mom worked with him and we had threeish great years with the old man
Julietta Pearl: white kitty, Turkish Angora= very soft long hair, the breed was actually thought to be extinct at one point because everybody kept making pillows and gloves out of them, she is very cute and small, very independent and skiddish, but purrs like a motor, also rescued off the street as a very young kitten after we had found homes for four other stray kittens that summer
Fish: I had one of those "buy them in a pharmacy and they may last a couple weeks" type little fish tanks with three fish that I named Captain Janeway, Chakotay, and Tuvok. Chakotay ate Tuvok and kept trying to eat CJ until he died and CJ outlived him by a few months and died on Dec. 7 of whatever year that was/ we also had goldfish in the pond outside that I accidentally killed while helping my mother clean the pond, we got more and they were just recently eaten by a starving Great Blue Heron, I had named the procosthumus Dirty Harry since he was a bottom feeder
Birds: I got a pair named Butterscotch (male)after my mom's dad's favorite candy and Buttercup because she was dark on top and bright yellow on her breast like an upside down buttercup, when she died I got another female named Mielle (French for little honey or honeydrop) she was a...spiteful little squaker who didn't last too long, poor Butterscotch got mauled by one of my Dad's cats, but he was already almost three which was pretty old for a canary I've been told
Dad's cats:
My dad had a cat named Sadie who he loved very much but she died before I ever met her, he also had Tigger and Pixie. Pixie was to spazy to deal with Pearl and so was moved to my Dad's best friend Scott who renamed her Pixel (they're computer engineers). Tigger was the one who took out poor Butterscotch and terrorized Pearl so she was also found a new home.

Forgive the length, I'm a history major and detail is my bread and butter.

I want to eventually get a Beagle and an Irish Wolfhound. I don't know about children's names, definitely an Andrew or a Louie somewhere after my mom's brother and dad. Joy as a middle name for a girl since that's my middle name and my mother's.

Lots of really intersting names, my roomie has cats named Antony and Cleopatra and had a fish named Lysander. She's an English major...

Hope your kitty is better Sadie

Cheetah
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."-- William Shakespeare's Hamlet
cheetah
4th Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie