What kind of dog are you?

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby lioness » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:53 pm

Beemer has some very beautiful coloring!! makes me want to dye my hair again.

my ex had a miniature, mostly reds & greens. she used to sit on my shoulder and chew my chain. once she missed an took a nice little bite out of my neck . literaly drew blood. :ouch: she was a very loud little thing!!
My music is best understood by children and animals.
Igor Stravinsky (1882 - 1971)
lioness
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:16 pm

My sister has a little lovebird, Buddy. Amazing the amount of CHIRK that little bird can generate.

Beemer is a treat to watch. OT had him sitting on his knee at the organ pavilion, and the bird was getting petted and circling and acting rather feline. (Don't tell him I said that!)
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi *igJon,

Arrr, the McCaw is feeling up in his cups, he is, arrrrrrr....

Y'all haven't lived until you've heard a macaw scream full out in a confined space. The sound permeates your entire body.

:eek:
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby hal 9000 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:32 pm

That's okay. I prefer my African grey. Lower volume, higher intellect (or so they say), and downright funny with the things he blabs sometimes.

Side note: I don't think his previous owners got along to well. Their arguments are permanently stored in the birds brain. Unfortunately, I can't make out what they were arguing about. We think they did most of the arguing in a room adjacent to where his cage was. So he repeats the yelling match as it sounded on the other side of the wall.
Gentleman! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
hal 9000
1st Chair

Postby Silver Gryphon » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:25 pm

I'm an Italian Greyhound. >_>
~Cellist, and honorary bassoonist~
Silver Gryphon
4th Chair

Postby Serenity » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 pm

I took the dog test again and came up as a different breed even though I thought I answered the test exactly as the first time. First I was an Alaskan Malamute. Now I turned out to be the Pharaoh Hound - the Egyptian God Anubis. Affectionate, intelligent, happy and confident?
OK....what do I do with this information?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:07 am

Dogs and cats are easier than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college and, if they get pregnant, you can sell the results
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:13 am

Single black female seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I love to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Call and ask for Daisy.

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about an 8-week old black Labrador Retriever.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:22 am

A man absolutely hated his wife's cat and decided to get rid of the animal one day by driving him 20 blocks from his home and leaving him at the park.

As he was getting home, the cat was walking up the driveway.

The next day he decided to drive the cat 40 blocks away. He put the beast out and headed home. Driving back up his driveway, there was the cat!

The man kept taking the cat further and further and the cat would always beat him home. At last he decided to drive a few miles away, turn right,
then left, past the bridge, then right again and another right until he reached what he thought was a safe distance from his home and left the cat there.

Hours later the man calls home to his wife: "Jen, is the cat there?"

"Yes," the wife answers, "why do you ask?"

Frustrated, the man answered, "Put him on the phone, I'm lost and need directions."
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:42 am

Hi Hal,

How long have you had your Grey? Timneh or Congo?

I've had a couple of Timnehs in the past. Adorable, peculiar personalities!
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:16 am

Originally posted by Serenity:
Dogs and cats are easier than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college and, if they get pregnant, you can sell the results
Yeah, but cats claw the furniture, pick a spot on the carpet to use as a toilet, and sneak out of the house (since we have foxes, raccoons, and coyotes in our area, I don't want the cats fending for themselves).
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:16 am

You need a larger cat!
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby lioness » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:20 am

Originally posted by barfle:
Yeah, but cats claw the furniture, pick a spot on the carpet to use as a toilet, and sneak out of the house (since we have foxes, raccoons, and coyotes in our area, I don't want the cats fending for themselves).
the sneaking outta the house... well, they're cats. i can see the fear with coyotes. hope they're not declawed :ouch:

i will say though, i have never :knocking on wood: had a cat destroy my carpet. my guys use a box and have always used a box. i have a lot of friends that suffer this with their animals. what is it that makes it start?
My music is best understood by children and animals.
Igor Stravinsky (1882 - 1971)
lioness
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:43 am

Just got a phone call about this project I'm working on and there are more demands, OH EXCUSE ME - Requests being placed.

I'm going to be a pit bull today!
Anyone here in the office gets in my way.....CHOMP

See that. I started writing this post 40 minutes ago and got pulled away to put out a fire. CHOMP
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby mmichaelson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:58 am

Well, Tm, hope your day today is better than yesterday!
Mandi, Proud Mommy to fawn boxer Sam and two tabby kitties: Chloe and Ty!
mmichaelson
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:03 am

SB,
It is but I have to be on guard.
Getting hit from all directions today.
TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:26 pm

Originally posted by Serenity:
You need a larger cat!
To beat up on the ones we already have?
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:33 pm

Originally posted by lioness:
Originally posted by barfle:
the sneaking outta the house... well, they're cats. i can see the fear with coyotes. hope they're not declawed :ouch:
No, although some offending parts have been surgically removed.

Originally posted by lioness:
i will say though, i have never :knocking on wood: had a cat destroy my carpet. my guys use a box and have always used a box. i have a lot of friends that suffer this with their animals. what is it that makes it start?
It depends on the cat (and we've probably had about ten over the years). One was just that way. He was an adopted stray so we never knew any of his history, but every once in a while, we'd find a deposit. The last time was when one got sick, and I think it was just too much trouble to go through the cat door to the garage and use the litter box. Well, that seemed to signal that it was OK for the other cats, and that pretty well sealed the deal. No amount of odor removal, enzyme treatment, shampooing, etc. could get them to leave that spot alone. I eventually replaced that part of the carpet (don't move that chair!).
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:39 pm

Barfle, doesn't that tiger scare away all the vermin around you?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:57 pm

Unfortunately, Phoebe the tiger died about a year ago.

Alas, I didn't get to take her with me, magnificent animal that she was.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Nicole Marie