What does ron do on the border of utah/arizona

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: What does ron do on the border of utah/arizona

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:09 pm

The twisted cypress is but a dim memory.....except for the stump.

Good luck convincing Piq to grow zucchini. As for the rest, at some point, yes.

I've always had a hankerin' for a jacaranda. I know they're a mess, but I'd like to try and put one someplace where the mess can be most easilt dealt with or ignored. Next to the hypothetical koi pond would be intolerable.

Of course, we could get you that glass of wine from the Dan Rocks! thread, which you can sip while you supervise.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:01 pm

[quote] originally posted by Selma
was thinking that yanking out that twisted cypress might be a start. Next step, reface the rather industrial-looking but very sturdy gate to the patio.

We could put in a bed of peppers and zucchini where those humpy bushes are, right by the wall.
/quote]

Ye Gods Selma, you have a phenomenal memory!

Xeriscape, with white or beige rock, works for me. A nice ocotillo in the front yard...

I like the humpy bushes but since they never bloom, they are going bye bye - they are azaleas and would like a home that would give them what they need to be stunning 4 months of the year. This yard apparently lacks something key!

DO the work, Selma? Are you nuts? Of course you arent. Werent we looking for projects for Mr Reinforce-every-drywall-nail?

Ok, Jacarandas get realllly tall. It can go at the bottom of the hill. The koi pond wont be koi, cause we're not buying fish that expensive for the raccoons to eat. (Sorry OT). Perhaps a waterfall, no fish except mosquito fish (gambusia), which are free from the county. And perhaps some tadpoles for the altoid.

I wonder how much water Snowbush trees need.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby treebeau » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:38 pm

If you like hydrangeas, I should show you pictures of mine. If I can find the pictures that is.

Regards,
Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:29 pm

I thought this project was to spice up the bland. I'm not a fan of xeriscape. There's plenty of desert east of us, lots of scrub up on Cowles Mountain where I can keep an eye on it.

If you're opposed to zucchini, how about crookneck squash? Maybe some bush-style green beans? Eggplant? There are some lovely multicolored ornamental eggplants available. Perhaps we could trail a cucumber vine up the trellis with the tomatos. Anything except xeriscape and kudzu. Indian hawthorne? That blooms here. Agapanthus and iris in the bed, instead of the vegetables?

For the antisocial, there are pyracanthus, bougainvillea, blackberry, and natal plum.

Common ordinary 89¢ feeder goldfish will do just fine as koi-standins. If they live, they get to be six or eight inches long, and if the wildlife gets 'em, the pet store has thousands more.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:22 pm

good points
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:20 pm

Yes, $.89 goldfish are fine. Koi are too expensive, and for what? They're just glorified carp.

I wasn't clear in my last post(like I ever am?): You wouldn't work, Selma, other than sipping wine and supervising.

:D
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Ah, I get it now.
The KOI are hypothetical! :D
piqaboo