anyone interested in 128kbps stream besides me?

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

anyone interested in 128kbps stream besides me?

Postby superich » Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:51 pm

I know that the bandwith cost of 328 kbps is too costly. I was wondering if anyone out there would like an 128 kbps beethoven stream via shoutcast or apple i-tunes for the macintosh people. I personally would like it and if anyone else would please post and let me know. If you are in disagreement please post and let me know why as well.
superich
5th Chair

Re: anyone interested in 128kbps stream besides me?

Postby Kevin » Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:56 pm

We have looked into this as an option, but simply can't afford it at this time. We have also considered it as a subscription service, but we simply aren't sure of the demand.<P>You are right, however, it is the bandwidth that is the real issue. We are in a situation where bandwidth costs can literally kill an Internet radio station that becomes moderately successful. We will continue to look at our options and hope to continue to improve our services wherever we are able.<P>Thanks for your post and keep them coming. We want to make sure we are serving all of our listeners' needs to the best of our abilities!<P>Sincerely,<BR>Kevin Shively<BR>Beethoven.com
Kevin Shively
Kevin
4th Chair

Return to Radio-Active