Pop-up Ads on Beethoven.com????

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Pop-up Ads on Beethoven.com????

Postby EJA » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:58 am

Was it my imagination, or did I get a pop-up ad when I opened Beethoven.com this morning? I don't think it was my imagination. Folks, tell me where to send my donation, but please, <I>please</I> no pop-up ads! <P>------------------<P> — EJA<BR>Loyal Listener
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Re: Pop-up Ads on Beethoven.com????

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:47 pm

Yes there are ads on Beethoven.com but they are pop UNDER ads that do not overlap the webpage. We were also very picky about which ads we are using, mostly travel, hotels etc.<P>We have to make money somehow and currently pop under ads are big money. Many advertisers are putting money into these ads. We are determined to give you free streaming but to do that we need to find other ways to make money. We picked a way we felt would not be to intrusive.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby annettehala » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:35 am

I haven't gotten any pop up adds.
annettehala
4th Chair

Postby priya978 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:55 pm

Me neither; and I hope I don't. They're annoying.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby EJA » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:57 pm

My mistake; yes they are pop-under ads. Well, once a day isn't too bad; if it makes money for Beethoven Radio, I'm willing to endure it. "Big money" is a phrase I like to hear in association with Beethoven Radio. <P><BR>----------------<P> — EJA<BR>Self-Sacrificially Loyal Listener :D
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Postby Nonamel » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:11 pm

By now, I've gotten so used to pop unders and ups that you could probably add more if it could lead to expanding the streams. Out of curiosity, do you actually make any money off this? For such an extroidinary site, I hope so.
I don't have a name, so if you must give me a name, then give me Noname.<BR> Nonamel
Nonamel
5th Chair

Postby annettehala » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:39 am

Would it help if we made sure to click on all the banner ads?
annettehala
4th Chair

Postby barfle » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:37 am

I thought I got a pop last week, but there are so many of them, I wasn't all that sure who it came from.<P>But to the folks at beethoven radio, go ahead and make money however you can. I have bought CDs from your on-line advertisers, although I probably won't go to Hartford to buy jewelry. :roll:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby dkm32 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:04 pm

If Pop-Ups really bother you, there are Pop-Up Blockers/Killers. :eek: I'm pretty sure most if not all are freeware. I Use PopUp Killer. Works great.
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby EricMichaels » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:41 am

Just as a warning, some pop-up blocking software prevents the Beethoven.com player window from opening on the homepage. You actually have to turn the blocking off while you open the player, and then turn it back on. Most of the good blocking software has a convenient on/off switch on the taskbar anyway... Just so you know.
EricMichaels
4th Chair

Return to Radio-Active