Music on the Road

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Music on the Road

Postby CocoaTom » Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:20 pm

I travel a lot on business, and I have to say that Beethoven Radio is a life-saver. Of course, with a 24kps connection in some hotels, it gets a little tedious to listen to y'all and still look at other websites. But what a relief to be able to turn off the trash on TV and relax with Beethoven.Com! :)
CocoaTom
Section Player

Re: Music on the Road

Postby chuckbo » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:38 pm

Who do you use as your nationwide ISP? Do you call an 800 number, or do they have local numbers. Whenever I'm getting ready to travel for awhile, I sign back up for copper.net. They seem to have access everywhere, and I've been happy with their service, ... just no 24-hour help line.
***************<BR>Perception is usually more persuasive than reality.<BR>***************
chuckbo
Section Player

Postby wcoye » Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:59 pm

I miss listening to Beethoven radio whenever I'm in my car. The local classical station is tedious to listen to. :(
wcoye
5th Chair

Postby CocoaTom » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:47 am

I use Earthlink, and am able to get local numbers just about anywhere I go in the Southeast. <P>Sorry I haven't monitored the boards more. I will have to check more ofter.<P>Tom<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chuckbo:<BR><STRONG>Who do you use as your nationwide ISP? Do you call an 800 number, or do they have local numbers. Whenever I'm getting ready to travel for awhile, I sign back up for copper.net. They seem to have access everywhere, and I've been happy with their service, ... just no 24-hour help line.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
CocoaTom
Section Player

Postby lordofthe_strings » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:48 pm

is there an easier solution...possibly like recording the stream (with a program like beaver x) and burning it to a cd or putting it on an ipod so u can listen to beethoven radio, but only, its not the live stream?<P>ive been lookin around for ways to do this...and the only mac app that ive seen that can do this so far is beaver x, available from melonsoft.com (? i think im not sure tho) it asks you for the address of the stream..and also the port. is there anyway that i can obtain this information? ive looked at the stream within itunes, and it says the address is this: <BR> <A HREF="http://pri.kts-af.net/redir/index.pls?esid=4432ab8c6b5dbd9e7a6178ea09b5cd55&url_no=1&client_id=7&uid=68efed4d03ec7e45fd3978262c107180&clicksrc=xml" TARGET=_blank>http://pri.kts-af.net/redir/index.pls?esid=4432ab8c6b5dbd9e7a6178ea09b5cd55&url_no=1&client_id=7&uid=68efed4d03ec7e45fd3978262c107180&clicksrc=xml</A> <P>but i cannot connect using that program, because you need a port number too, and i dont know that information. also, i dont know if that address is correct...hmmm...<P>can anyone give me that information? thanks a million!!!!!
lordofthe_strings
Section Player

Return to Radio-Active