Bye, Dave.

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Bye, Dave.

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:31 pm

I just heard that Dave Christiansen has left b.com. I for one am sorry to see him go, and will miss his perspective. But then, I say "cool" a lot myself.<P>Farewell Dave, wherever you fare! :)
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Re: Bye, Dave.

Postby barfle » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:33 pm

I also just noticed that his board is missing, and Eric and Nicole are pulling extra duty.<P>Dave, I always liked your show, and I wish you the coolest in whatever the future holds.<P>Jim<BR> :(
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:58 pm

:(
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby DavidEB310 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:36 pm

Easy come, easy go.<P>What's the scoop?
DavidEB310
4th Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:01 pm

I spoke with Nicole, and she said he came to the conclusion that maybe broadcasting wasn't a good fit for him. :confused: She also said he'll get any messages we send.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:24 pm

To clear up any confussion:<P>Dave is no longer with Beethoven Radio. He has decided to pursue other interests. We will pass along any messages you may have for Dave. I also believe his email address is still available for messages.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby dkm32 » Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:28 pm

OK., I'll take responsibility for this. <P>Way back when, I sent Sir Stew a CD of my favourite Josef Strauss pieces for him to play. A couple of months later, he's gone.<P>Just before Christmas, I sent Dave the same CD. I doubt if he even received it, but, ah, the kiss of death.<P>At least Sir Stew had the time to play a couple of pieces from it. Sigh!
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby lliam » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidEB310:<P><STRONG>Easy come, easy go.<P>What's the scoop?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>=================================<BR>Keep in touch Dave.<P>````````````````<P>What do a SCUD missile and a DJ have in common? <BR>Both are easy to fire and you don't care where they land. <P><BR> :cool:
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Postby boosky » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:42 am

i will miss dave.... he was a very good listen in the afternoon..... good luck dave...
MUSIC IS THE FLOWER OF FEELING
boosky
5th Chair

Postby DavidEB310 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:29 pm

Once again...<P>SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH...
DavidEB310
4th Chair

Postby davechristiansen » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:54 pm

hello (and goodbye) all.<P>donna, i suppose it may have been the CD, but i doubt it. i had a chance to play one piece from it ("swallows from vienna", i think), and that was my last day at beethoven. <P>thank you to everyone who enjoyed my show, and made an effort to make me feel welcome at beethoven radio, but i never really felt like i fit in there. please do drop me a line at the old address >>> davechristiansen@beethoven.com<P>so what's next? i'm off to India in less than a week. i haven't been so excited about something in a long time. unless i decide not to come back ;) i'll put some pictures up on my website once i return. <P>take care everyone.
dc<P>"The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity."<BR>-Glenn Gould
davechristiansen
5th Chair

Postby lew » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:55 pm

Hello Dave,<BR>I wish you well in your new pursuits.<BR>Hope you like India...<BR>Keep in touch....<BR>I always enjoyed your show - - and you have one of the best voices I have ever heard in radio!<BR>Seeya,<BR>Elly ;)
Elly
lew
5th Chair

Return to Radio-Active