New Media Player Format??

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Re: New Media Player Format??

Postby dkm32 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:21 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dkm32:<BR><STRONG>With the new one, the "stop" takes you out of the Media Player to a window that forces you to watch it re-check your system & re-load the stream and, of cource, listen to the commercials again.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This could be sub-titled "The sqeeky wheel"...<P>I just when through a "Stop" then "Start" with the New Player. It works again!!! It didn't go to that "If you'd like to listen again..." window. The Media Player stayed there when I stopped and took off again when I clicked play!<P>Big Thanks to Kevin and the gang!!!<p>[ 02-03-2003: Message edited by: dkm32 ]
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:15 pm

With GREAT hesitation I tried it......AND IT WORKED!!!! Thanks guys! :D
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby bignaf » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:59 pm

OT,<BR>there are benefits for living in the frozen wastelands over here. since we have also DSL and also cable in this area. (we use cable).
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:11 pm

At my work (where I do most of my listening and posting [hee! hee!]) we have a T1 line, and at home my roomie has us hooked up on DSL, so I don't have a connection problem (Donna's the one in the sticks). I've had instances where I've needed to stop the music in the past, and restarting with the new system was a pain. Now it's much more convenient.<P>So, even out here in the parched desert we have modern technology...<BR> :cool:<p>[ 02-03-2003: Message edited by: operatenor ]
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby bignaf » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:45 pm

SoCal rules!
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:59 am

I'm only half way through winter here in the DC area, and I sure miss my good ol' days in Orange County!
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:43 pm

Well, if it's any consolation, it's cooling off again down here. I'm going to have to start wearing my electric vest on my bike at night.
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby monkeymd2b » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:43 am

electric vest? Hmmm...I think I need one of those just to sit through lecture in the subarctic temperature they have decided to keep the lecture hall at. I swear it was warmer outside! I guess now I know how bikers can tolerate riding in cold temps...or is it only you that does that? The bikers I met at mardi gras last year didn't seem to have those on...they also didn't wear helmets but I guess it's better to risk death to look like a real biker. :roll:
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Postby dai bread » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:25 am

It's not death that's the problem. It's being maimed and living the rest of your life as a vegetable. :(
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:52 pm

Actually, electric vests have been around a long time (the guy who developed them was a bomber pilot in WWII), nevertheless most riders don't know about them. <P>My motorcycle safety instructor quoth:"Dress for the crash, not the ride." I usually wear adequate safety gear when I ride, and I always wear a helmet. To me it's a motorcycle ride, not a fashion show or time to project an "image"(Donna can attest that I don't fit the stereotype). In the past 15 years I've ridden about 450,000 miles, and it's my sole transportation, as well as being an entertainment vehicle (I do like to have fun on the back roads!). I've had a few crashes(not proud of that), and due to the riding gear I wear I have walked away virtually unscathed every time. <P>BTW, I ride a BMW, once again not quite fitting into the mold. ;)
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby OperaTenor » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:05 pm

Hey, this thing's helicoptering! I thought we put a stop to that! :mad:
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby dkm32 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:13 pm

One problem I'm having with the new Media Player Format has to do with my Pop-Up Killer. In the Killer, you can put URL that you want excluded. However, the stream1.adsertion.com URL seem to change each time you bring it up, so you can't put it in the exclusion list.<P>I do have a work around...I disable the Pop-Up Killer until The player is up, then re-enable it...but, I thought I'd complain anyway :( :( :(<p>[ 02-07-2003: Message edited by: dkm32 ]
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby dkm32 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:29 pm

OK., so while I'm in the bitch and moan mode...<P>The start up commercial. I know you have to have it, BUT, can the volume be turned down just a bit? I think if I stood over at by neighbors I'd be able to hear it. I need the volume up so I can hear the music when it comes on, but the commercial is at least 10,000 decibles loader (give or take a few).
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby dai bread » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:37 pm

Ads are made that way. TV transmission operators in my neck of the woods turn the volume down a bit but they're still a lot louder than the programs.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby dkm32 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:30 pm

OK., guys! What's with the two BIG pop-up that happen during the commercials? This started about an hour ago. The first is a big window with a Citi ad in the upper corner. The second is the same size window and the Beethoven Radio pic of Ludwig in the upper corner. We're forced to listen to the commercial (I understand the need for commercials), but the TWO pop-ups are a pain!
Donna
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Previous

Return to Radio-Active