Something odd about the webcam

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Re: Something odd about the webcam

Postby Shapley » Thu May 22, 2003 10:29 am

Kevin,

I'm sure is a thankless job, so I just want to say thanks! I haven't been bothered by the "System Performance Wizard" at your site since My last message.

Respectfully,

Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby OperaTenor » Thu May 22, 2003 11:10 am

Yeah, what Barfle said! Again! :p

Thanks for all of your help, Kevin!
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu May 22, 2003 2:08 pm

Yep, I think Kevin managed to kill that wretched viral popup.

Thank you so much, Kev. Way to go!

Bask in the admiration, we'll find something else to whine about soon.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Andante » Thu May 22, 2003 11:23 pm

Please allow me to put my two cents worth into this most annoying subject matter.

Presently I have two programs running in my computer which will solve the nasty problems as described in this thread. For sure. The first one will get rid of undesired commercials and the second one will get rid of pop-up windows.

The first URL is adsubtract.com

The second is analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm

When clicking on the first one, you will see close to the bottom of the web page a line which denotes: "Get your free Message Subtract". Go for it! The download size of this particular program file is only 206K. This program will get rid of on-line commercials.

The second url shows it is ready for downloading. It also comes for free (blessed be those blessed freebies).

This last program is the one you will be particularly interested in, for it will kill and eliminate all pop-up window nonsense which drives you nuts (according to the lamentations I have read in this particular thread).

When you observe a nasty pop-up which plays havock with your sanity (and that of B.R. for that matter), click on the POW icon,(which after installation will show in your taskbar), and enter the offensive url (as instructions will tell you). Then, click on "done" and you will notice the undesired window will close and disapear. For ever and for good!

I have observed that Beethoven Radio is particularly sensitive to this kind of invasion, and please do not ask me why this is so. I have no answers.

But in short, personally I do enjoy our B.R. to the fullest. Without any pop-up garbage or related interference.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. With a little bit of luck (who the heck is perfect in this crazy internet game), I might just be able to help you.

Cheers

PS. I have not read this thread from the beginning to end, but after having got the gist of it, I responded.

Cheers

<small>[ 05-23-2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Andante ]</small>
Andante
5th Chair

Postby bignaf » Thu May 22, 2003 11:54 pm

Andante, about your qoute, are you sure that what Stravinski said? wasn't it the opposite? or are you being funny? :confused:
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Andante » Fri May 23, 2003 9:45 am

Originally posted by bignaf:
Andante, about your quote, are you sure that what Stravinsky said? wasn't it the opposite? or are you being funny? :confused:
No bignaf, I'm not kidding. I would never change a quote of another person.
I got the quotation from a book by Laurence J. Peter entitled Peter's Quotations. Publisher: William Morrow and Company Inc. New York 1977.

As time goes by I will change my signature. There are lots of quotations regarding music in that book.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers
Andante
5th Chair

Postby dkm32 » Fri May 23, 2003 11:30 am

Curiousity question: Does anyone get those commericals that are plain Window message boxes? They aren't IE/Netscape-style pop-ups. They are a Windows message box. Andante: Is that what you are calling on-line commercials? My popup-killer doesn't touch them and my ISP has no knowledge of them. They seem to come when I'm not terribly active on the Internet. (BTW: I have Dial up modem, not DSL)
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby Marye » Fri May 23, 2003 12:30 pm

Does anyone get those commericals that are plain Window message boxes
Yup... I do.
Marye
2nd Chair