Profile birthdates

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Profile birthdates

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:43 am

I tried listing my birthdate on my profile. Afterward, every time I pulled it up I would get a script error, and my birthdate wasn't listed (the field was blank). I then took it off and the problem went away. I've noticed on several other's profiles that whenever I access it and get a script error, the birthdate field is shown but the field is blank. Is anyone else experiencing this? I know it's pretty small in the scheme of things, but if there is a glitch, I'll wager Kevin would want to know about it.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Re: Profile birthdates

Postby barfle » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:50 am

Hmmm, I don't remember having seen those fields (and with all the pictures I've been updating, I've gone to my profile several times over the past six months). I put in my birthday, and it took it OK, but when I went to view my profile, there was no mention of my birthday. I didn't get any script errors, either.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd say that they enhanced the profile feature recently and it's not quite done. At least it's not fully debugged. (Like that's even possible!)

OT, I checked your profile, and the picture field is blank, and the only date is the day you registered. Again, no script errors, though.

<small>[ 06-18-2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: barfle ]</small>
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:40 pm

I checked yours as well, and no birthdate or field (no error, either). I took my birthdate out and the error went away. I'll put it back in & see what happens.

You didn't get my picture? It's there.
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:43 pm

Now I think I know what's causing the error! If you check the "allow others to view your birthdate" box, then I get the error. Barfle, have you marked that box?
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby BenODen » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:51 pm

Ah, and be aware that if you have recent versions of IE (5.5, 6.0) set up as it is by default, you'll only get the little caution triangle in the lower corner, instead of a popup window.

-Benito
If only I could fly on my own wings.
BenODen
3rd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:07 pm

:confused:
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:05 pm

OK, I have now checked the box, and now the words "Birth Date" show up under my picture, but there's no data.

Same with you, OT. I believe the missing picture had something to do with some Internet problems on this end.

I still don't get any script error messages, though.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby BenODen » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:09 pm

*laugh* sorry, tech guy talk. Just saying that it's possible that barfle didn't notice the error on your page cuz it was just a subtle icon thing... He may also be running some non-Microsoft browser too, say, Safari.. It strikes me that he might be a Macintosh type.. I think I remember something of the sort.

But anyway, I see the error on your pages too... Seems like a webmaster@beethoven.com thing as soon as we get to the bottom of why you don't get any errors barfle...

-Benito
BenODen
3rd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:20 pm

Actually, I'm a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer in Windows NT4 with Internet (MCSE+I if you like acronyms), so I'm quite a ways from being a Mac type. My browser is MS IE5 under NT4 WS, service pack 6. I'm also not going to tell anybody that MS has particularly good software, though. I'm just familiar with it and have been taught how to make it perform many tricks.

No error icons (Done, but with errors is familiar, but all it says is "Done"), and still no birthday data, though.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby BenODen » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:35 pm

Ah, well, some of the explantion was for OT's benefit in any case. Sounds like we'll blame it on IE5 then!

OT, you're up. As the discoverer of the glitch you have the honor of reporting it to the webmaster! :p Unless of course, you wish to, um, bestow it er, elsewhere...

-Benito

P.S. "Mac Type" was certainly not meant as an indication of your computer skilz. I know many geeks that swear by Mac, it's just that they don't know much about the pitfalls of M$ stuff.

<small>[ 06-18-2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Benito Of Denver ]</small>
BenODen
3rd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:40 pm

Benito, I didn't take any offense at your guess as to the operating system I'm using. Actually, most of the time, I had no choice, the computer being provided to me by my employer. The only thing I have against Macs is that I would have to learn where the hidden features are, and "right click" has no meaning.

Of course you know this:
micro=small
soft=limp
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:06 pm

Barfle, LMREO! (and how true!)
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Gaby » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:44 pm

Hmmm, I added my birthday to my profile, didn't get an error message or other unusual activity. :D
If not today, then tomorrow...maybe!
Gaby
4th Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:54 pm

<small>[ 06-19-2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: operatenor ]</small>
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Return to Radio-Active