Fantastic and Wonderful Idea!!

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Fantastic and Wonderful Idea!!

Postby EJA » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:33 pm

Well, perhaps that's an overstatement, but I had a brain storm I thought I would share. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Beethoven Radio had a searchable database of their entire library on their website? Each track would have an ID number, and we could just do the search, find the track we want and request that ID number. Then the staff would have no ambivelance about which recording, or what exactly we wanted to hear. I know this would enable me to make much more diverse and accurate requests. Of course, I wouldn't want Beethoven Radio to dispense with the current system altogether, but rather just add this feature. What do you all think of this idea?
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Re: Fantastic and Wonderful Idea!!

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:37 am

Oooh. Good idea.

And if we had things we wanted to hear, and you don't have them, could we send CDs to the Asylum Ave address?

<small>[ 12-20-2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Selma in San Diego ]</small>
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:16 pm

Nice idea but there is no way our servers could support the database. There are over 10,000 lisiting in our database and to post that info and design it so it was accessable for use... never happen. We already have a tight fix on our servers and we'd have to design a program to support an internet version. We just can't do it at this time.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby EricMichaels » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:26 am

Originally posted by Selma in San Diego:
Oooh. Good idea.

And if we had things we wanted to hear, and you don't have them, could we send CDs to the Asylum Ave address?
We always accept donations, Selma. Send it to my attention at our studio address:
1039 Asylum Ave
Hartford, CT 06105
EricMichaels
4th Chair

Return to Radio-Active