Health - general interest info

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Health - general interest info

Postby piqaboo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:21 pm

Wow, last week I went on a minor rant using salt sensitivity as an exemplar, and look what showed up in my mail this morning!

Expert Access--Salt Sensitivity & Hypertension

Join us on, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2005 , for AACC's Expert Access Live Online!!
( http://www.aacc.org/access/ )

On February 8, 1:00–2:00 pm Eastern time, Robin Felder, PhD, from the Medical Automation Research Center and the University of Virginia Health Systems, will answer your questions concerning GENETIC TESTS FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO CHRONIC DISEASE; A FOCUS ON HYPERTENSION AND SALT SENSITIVITY Log on NOW to view the presentation and ask a question.

Log on and you will:

Understand the mechanisms behind the phenotypic expression of hypertension and salt sensitivity.
Learn about the genetic variants that are thought to be responsible for these diseases.
Be able to identify which gene variants will have diagnostic utility in the clinical setting.
Find out how epidemiologic data has led to the current understanding of disease prevalence among ethnic groups.

To learn more about this fascinating topic, go to http://www.aacc.org/access/ and click on “Enter this month’s program to view Dr. Felder’s highly informative presentation. On February 8, between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Eastern time, our online expert will be awaiting your questions. If you prefer, you can submit your question now and check back for his answer at your convenience.

Please Note:
* There is no audio component to this program; the interactive portion is the Q&A dialogue.
* You will need Microsoft Internet Explorer to properly view the program. Sorry, OT
* The program is free.
* You do not need to register for the program.
* The program is not certified for continuing education credits.

AACC would like to thank Bayer HealthCare Diagnostics for their support of Expert Access Live Online.

American Association for Clinical Chemistry,
2101 L Street NW 202
Washington DC 20037.
PH:202-857-0717
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Re: Health - general interest info

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:28 pm

I got that. :p

As always, my wife is on the cutting edge of biotech.

<small>[ 02-08-2005, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: OperaTenor ]</small>
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Re: Health - general interest info

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:45 pm

Wow. Thank you, Piq! Way interesting (I'm hypertensive, was hypotensive as a teen. Go figure) My sister and aunt are hypertensive. My nephew has recently been diagnosed hypertensive. My mother was hypertensive. Her mother was hypotensive all her life. Nice that somebody's working on the genetic component.

The salt sensitivity is a related but not identical issue; I was glad to have the connection and differences explained. Sis is very salt sensitive, aunt slightly, me more than aunt, less than sis. It's an issue.

I love clear explanations, using precise language. I don't care if I have to look up a few words; it's worth it to avoid ambiguity.

Nine thousand thanks!
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Return to Radio-Active