Please help me learn the title...

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Please help me learn the title...

Postby cleoaleo » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:27 pm

I am desperate to learn the name of a piece of music I am certain is by Beethoven. I can only refer you to a Alicia Keys track on her CD "Songs in A Minor", 1st track: "Piano & I" <BR>The CD cover indicates that she wrote all the music and lyrics.<p>[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: cleoaleo ]
cleoaleo
Section Player

Re: Please help me learn the title...

Postby Nicole Marie » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:13 am

I once saw her on TV performing "her version" of Beethoven's Fur Elise. It was pretty bad but that may be the Beethoven piece on her CD. I understand she was a classicaly trained musician but I always question when an artist mix's in their own style with the greats.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby priya978 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:17 pm

It's Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata First movement. I have that cd and it's there, no. 1 with her playing it. That was a REAL easy question. Alicia's, by the way, favorite composer is Chopin and her favorite classical piece is Chopin's Raindrop Prelude. But her music has reminders of 90's music, early-mid 90's to be more precise. I admit that her performances of classical music, ie fur elise, etc., are horrible I mean, they suck, BADLY but then again she was influenced by Stevie Wonder's and Biggy, etc. Well I don't know what else to say so here's the end of this post.<P>By the way do you regularly listen to classical music or pop. My guess is pop because you obviously know of Alicia and her cd but you don't know Beethoven's Moonlight? If you listen to classical you should know that, that's is such a famous piece, it's everywhere.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby theArmy » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eugene a.:<BR><STRONG>By the way do you regularly listen to classical music or pop. My guess is pop because you obviously know of Alicia and her cd but you don't know Beethoven's Moonlight? If you listen to classical you should know that, that's is such a famous piece, it's everywhere.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thats a very unfair statment. I listen to lots of classical music, but Beethovan is not my cup of tea. I would not know the title of most of his works.
theArmy
Section Player

Postby cleoaleo » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:39 pm

Thank you Eugene for helping me locate this piece. I needed to find this piece of music for the delivery room, as my daughter's first child is about to join this world. I'm happy to overlook your rather judgemental comment :)
cleoaleo
Section Player

Postby priya978 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:23 pm

Congrats on the child. And by the way it wasn't a judgemental comment, so you people took it the wrong way. It was a question, do you listen to classical music regularly? and I just offered what a suggestion of an answer to the question which I was guessing, and which I thought was right. That's all. :)
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby BenMurphy6 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:41 pm

careful phrasing does wonders.
BenMurphy6
3rd Chair

Postby Nonamel » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:28 pm

What did Alicia do you Fur Elise to change it to such a horrible piece? I can't say I've ever heard it performed badly, so I can't picture what it would take to distort the music beyond adnormality. Was it really as bad as it was said to be?
I don't have a name, so if you must give me a name, then give me Noname.<BR> Nonamel
Nonamel
5th Chair

Return to The Debate Team