Why do I have to upgrade Flash?

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Why do I have to upgrade Flash?

Postby Rob Richardson » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:41 pm

Greetings!

After being laid off for almost five months, I'm now back at work with a high-speed Internet connection. I'd like to come back to listening to Beethoven Radio. When I tried, it ran a system test and found that I need to upgrade Flash.

Why do I need to upgrade Flash? Isn't it just to display ads? If I have to install other things on this computer to listen to BR, I'm not going to. Is there any way around this? Is there a way to listen to the audio without the customized viewer that shows me the ads?

Thanks very much!

Rob Richardson
Rob Richardson
5th Chair

Re: Why do I have to upgrade Flash?

Postby barfle » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:03 pm

Bob, you never have to watch the player. I always minimize mine, and the only time it pops back up is after I've had it on for something like 9 hours and it wants to know if I'm still there.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Re: Why do I have to upgrade Flash?

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:12 pm

Hi Rob-

Flash is a requirement for the Player, so yes you need it to listen. If you want details on programs we require or other information on ways to listen visit our help page: http://www.beethoven.com/help.htm
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Return to Helping Hand