Music Library Software

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Music Library Software

Postby toyfj60 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:03 am

I've been tuning into B.com for a few months and appreciate the internet-access. My CD collection is only some 200 Titles, about half are Classical. I became interested in using a FreeDB/CDDB "player" software to gather my Title/Song lists into a DataBase. I looked at a few and selected "CDmax" as being Win98/FreeWare/Basic for my interests. It has a simple 'text export' format that I can use to print the information. There is no Report Control that permits grouping-by-genre or other options.

Does anyone use a Win98/FreeWare/FreeDB program that has some basic Report-Control ?? Thanks.
toyfj60
Section Player

Re: Music Library Software

Postby bernieb » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:01 am

I recommend iTunes from Apple--it's free. It will permit you to create "smart" playlists based on a combination of attributes, including genre. The playlist can then be exported as a text report or burned to a cd.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/
bernieb
Section Player

Re: Music Library Software

Postby rwcrooks » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:58 pm

CD Trustee is fantastic.

It has some nice reports and can load CDs into the database as fast as you can swap them in and out of your CD Drive.
rwcrooks
3rd Chair

Return to Helping Hand