Mozilla Firefox

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Mozilla Firefox

Postby rwcrooks » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:12 pm

When I press the Play button using IE, Windows Media Player starts right up and starts streaming, but when I try to do it using Mozilla Firefox,WMP reports an unknow extension. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any clues?
rwcrooks
3rd Chair

Re: Mozilla Firefox

Postby Mike Sofka » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:35 am

RichC,

I have experience this..yes...Mozilla is one of the minion of Satan! Or well...it's actually just a spawn of Netscape Navigator which is so incredibly buggy. I'm a Web Designer/Developer/Animator and I have to deal with Mozilla every single stinkin' day. I have to literally design for Mozilla to make sure that all of my stuff works in Mozilla. Most companies don't do that. Most people are like me and think "screw Mozilla". Because truthfully, it's reputation is that it is very buggy so many people don't use it. To be quite honest, I don't know how Netscape stays in business.
"Illustrator, Tympanist and generally okay guy"
Mike Sofka
4th Chair

Postby rwcrooks » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:01 pm

Mike,

Firefox is gone. It was just too much screwing around to make it work. It has some great features, like tabbed browsing, but too buggy for me.
rwcrooks
3rd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:09 pm

Too bad. Firefox was a decent movie. Impressive flight sequences, for its time.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:32 pm

Netscape 7.1 (built on Mozilla) has served me very well as a browser. As an email client, P.U.! It's the buggiest software I've used in a decade.

BigJon
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Return to Helping Hand