Shutters Internet Explorer question.

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Shutters Internet Explorer question.

Postby treebeau » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:18 pm

Howdy,

I use Win XP Pro at the office and at home. THey both have Internet Explorer. I have been wanting to organize my list of Favorites.

At the office: I put a bunch of links into a folder and could put that folder anywhere I wanted to in the favorites list.

At home: I put a bunch of links into a folder and that folder appears at the bottom of the list. When I try to move it higher up in the list it wants to stay at the bottom.

Any idea(s) why it won't work at home like it does at the office? I know it's just trying to be intelligent, but I want to dumb it down a bit.

Thanks and regards,
Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Re: Shutters Internet Explorer question.

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi Tim,

I just did some checking, didn't come up with much, but this ocurred to me, and it may be a bad shot in the dark: Could it possibly have something to do with whether you have icon "auto arrange" activated on one computer and not the other? I looked in Exploder help, and there was none...............help, that is.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:46 pm

Hi Tim,

I just experimented with creating a folder in Favorites and moving it around. It goes wherever I put it whether "auto arrange" is activated or not.

SO, when you're in "Organize Favorites", you're unable to click and drag folders?

<small>[ 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: OperaTenor ]</small>
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby GreatCarouser » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:46 pm

Hi Tim,
I use XP Home and was able to 'drag and drop' the test folder I created on the favorites list. I'm assuming that's the way you attempted to move it. An idea comes to mind. Are you in anyway 'networked' from home to your office PC? This might create certain conflicts if you try to alter certain programs when your 'network' is up and running.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby treebeau » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:50 am

Thanks all.

I had a brief power interruption at home yesterday. After rebooting the PC I retried moving the folder. It worked as it is supposed to.

Weird, huh?

Regards,
Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Return to Helping Hand