Purchasing what's played

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Purchasing what's played

Postby Eve » Fri May 20, 2005 8:16 am

I heard an ad that that seemed to say you can go to the music log and purchse what was just played. Can you explain how that's done?

My instinct says that you hear something you like, check the log for the name and go thru a third party for purchase. I don't see a link to do this tho.

Help please? And can I purchase just that piece or will I be directed to purchase an entire CD?

Eve
Eve
Section Player

Re: Purchasing what's played

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri May 20, 2005 10:40 am

The music log magnifying glass doohickey used to bring up an online music store, but it was unfortunately not the outfit that I prefer. Now, it brings up information about the CD and the specific selection.

I've bought things that I like in the past, and I purchase the entire CD. What works easiest for me is to open two of my browser windows, set one on the CD store and the other one on the b.com detail log screen, and copy/paste information into the store search bar. Once you know the name of the piece, the orchestra, and the conductor it's easy to find the specific CD you want.

I'm pretty sure that the same technique would work with one of the commercial music download services but I've never tried it. If you do, could you report back and let us know how it works out?
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Re: Purchasing what's played

Postby barfle » Fri May 20, 2005 10:42 am

If you put your cursor over the "On-Air" link at the top of just about every b.c page, you'll get a pull down that includes "Music Log."

Click on that and you get a whole week's worth of music they played.

There's a little magnifying glass icon next to each piece played, and when you click on that, you can see details about the CD used to play that particular piece, including the label and stock number.

You can then use that information to order the CD from your favorite retailer. Beethoven would probably prefer you shop from iclassics.com, but they don't have all the music played. That's a common problem with any music station, because some of the stuff has gone out of print, and you're stuck looking in used record stores or eBay (both of which I find wonderful experiences).

Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Return to Helping Hand