Say What?!?

In charge of the mid-afternoon slot, chat with Scott!
-- On the Air from 1PM - 6PM

Moderator: ScottB

Re: Say What?!?

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:47 am

Originally posted by Shapley:
TM,

I hope you have a good time. I saw Bob Dylan a few years ago. It was a bit of a disappointment. I like Bob Dylan, but he probably should have stopped touring a decade or so ago.

It was actually humourous. All us old fogeys sitting around, when one of the attendees fired up a "doobie". Murmers and offended looks from all around, "I can't believe the gall!" was heard from nearby.

Times sure have changed.

V/R
Shapley
Shapley,
Yes! I saw Bob Dylan a few years back.
I agree he should have, uh, "Retired" from touring.

:)
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:50 am

Mary,
$700.00.... for 2 tickets.....
You must have been in the orchestra up close.

We will be in the first tier of Madison Square Garden, about a third of the way back. The 2 tickets ran about $250.00..

I'm looking forward to the concert. Never saw them live.

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Angie Parkes » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:14 pm

My office mate is seeing the Stones here in Calgary on October 28. She paid $100 Canadian (about $6.74 US) for each of her tickets. She's near the front of the second tier of seats, directly across from the stage.

I paid about $100 Cdn for a dress circle seat to hear Itzhak Perlman play the Brahms concerto with the CPO about 10 years ago. I paid about $75 Cdn to see Rudolf Nureyev long past the point when he should have retired. I think he must have already been quite ill by then because it was really very sad to see, especially when he shared the stage with young and healthy dancers.

The only stadium concert I've seen was when I took my niece to see David Bowie, about 20 years ago. Can't remember what I paid, but I think it was less than $75 each. Of course, back then $75 could have paid the monthly mortgage for my entire neighbourhood. And as I recall, even though I didn't light a joint, I wouldn't have needed to as I could have inhaled all the THC I wanted just from the air around me.

"The gall!" indeed, at a Dylan concert. Now that's funny. :D
Cheers,
Angie
Angie Parkes
3rd Chair

Postby Serenity » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:12 pm

Do you think these guys are still playing to supplement their health insurance funds?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:05 pm

I remember seeing the Beach Boys, including Brian Wilson, following a soccer game at Anaheim Stadium. Let us just say that Brian wasn't in full voice that evening. I was glad he could find the piano, but those words that should have been falsetto sounded more like Kris Kristofferson. :eek:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Marye » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:38 pm

I saw the Beach Boys for about 10 years in a row at the CNE in Toronto some years back. Brian managed to get out of his room long enough to be a part of one of those shows. He was the "fat Brian" then. He had difficulty remaining seated at the piano he was pretending to play. He would get up and wander around the stage and then leave... come back... get up.

Speaking of of falsetto's I also saw Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons around the same time and Frankie's falsetto was provided by some young guy they hired.
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:17 am

What shade of yellow is the one that sporty cars have? It's pretty intense, I just call it "chicken fat yellow" but I'd like to know the official name.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:01 pm

Wow! your chickens must eat marigold flowers!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby BigJon@Work » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:14 pm

Chevy calls it Velocity Yellow on the Corvette. Some people call it chrome yellow.
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:02 pm

I've always thought it was Gimmeaticket Yellow. Even more effective than Lookatmego Red.

It's a true yellow, of clear hue and high saturation.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Previous

Return to Scott Birmingham