Moussaoui Sentence

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby Haggis@wk » Sat May 06, 2006 11:15 am

"God forbid an appeal, and there are lots of lawyers that would be willing to try it. Have we really heard the last of whazizname?"

No appeal is possible, he plead guilty to start with.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Sat May 06, 2006 7:15 pm

The news websites, on the day of sentencing, said that the judge had directed the defense lawyers to file the appeal paperwork, even though she considered it an exercise in futility and didn't think that any appeal would be considered. I don't know if they ever got what-sis-name's signature or assent on any of it, though.

The French consular representative that attended the trial allowed as how it had been conducted in an exemplary fashion. I don't guess they'll be expending a lot of effort to get him an appeal.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue May 09, 2006 5:50 am

I saw a report here that he is now saying he had nothing to do with 9/11 and wants to prove he is innocent....

He probably wanted the death sentence to become a martyr and now he realizes he will be locked up 23 hours a day with very little human contact and will try everything to figure a way out of this.....

I don't think so......

I don't feel bad for the SOB.....

A member of my church lost his life as he worked on the 86th floor in the Trade Center.... He worked for a banking firm.

I was asked to play the memorial service a month later....
I will try to express my feelings/thoughts

The pained and hurt look on his wife and kids faces.....

It was if the life were snatched out from under them and their bodies were lifeless shells sitting there... Numb, not knowing what to think, say, or do.

His wife had this astonished look on her face when she spoke and realized how many people came to show support.

The church was packed and not a dry eye in the house......

As if it were yesterday, I am taken back to sitting with the vocalist next to his picture on the altar.....

Each song and hymn that was played felt like it took forever to get through. Don't know if you know "On Eagles Wings" (think that's the name of the hymn)..... It is in With One Voice hymn book.

Had a lump in my throat while playing..... Beautiful music and words.....

It is a moment in time that is frozen in my head I will never forget....

I now hope any appeal he tries fails and
this piece of garbage rots in his little cell.

Lord forgive me for my sinful thoughts.....
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Previous

Return to The Debate Team