Religion on Sunday am

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Re: Religion on Sunday am

Postby GeoLes » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:46 pm

TrumpetMaster.

I have just discovered Beethoven.com last week and have been listening all day at work every day since. A bit of funny timing here. I was just contacted by Arbitron. I am maintaining a log of all my radio listening. They list the option of AM or FM. No internet option. I indicate my internet listening in the log as well.

Regarding intenet radio for the car, There is Satelite radio for the car available today, if you are willing to pay for radio service. XM-Radio is available for both in the car/home and office. I understand that it is not that expensive.

I however feel there are too many other options to pay for radio reeption. (I think I said the same thing about TV years ago. Now I have a monthly cable bill.) I don't mind the commercials either. If I don't want to hear them, I simply change the station and tune back in 3 minutes (standard time block).

I look forward to hearing the religious broadcasting on Beethoven.com. Unfortunately religion, like politics is such a hot button issue. I really don't think it should be. There are plenty of other listening options out there. As mentioned earlier WQXR broadcasts live from Temple Emanuel every Friday evening. I am not jewish, but I listen in anyway. Nothing like broadening my horizons. I see many paralles between the jewish faith and my own Christian one. That is why I think the diversity is good.
Geo.-Les. Small
GeoLes
5th Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:55 pm

GeoLes,
I work with software developers and engineers.
I do alot of document writing and research in the telecom area for my company and it is extremely noisy in this area. I was provided a set of headphones a number of months ago and found B.com. Been hooked and listening since Oct 04.

I don't think B.com is available on Satelite at this time. If it is, I'll be out there in 5 minutes to get it.

I love the interaction between the listener and hosts!

Regards,
Howard
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby GeoLes » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:59 pm

I agree. I work at a payroll company doing analysis all day. It gets pretty boring after a while. I enjoy being able to take a break, read a post or two, post a quick rewponse, all the time enjoying great music.

I think it is a relaxed, polite and friendly place to post (Kind of like Starbucks. Relax, read your paper, enjoy a latte, and listen to the music). I know what you mean by being hooked on it. I listen to WQXR as you do and I think you will agree with me that we hear the same rehashed "popular classics".

Hats off to you Beethoven.com.
Geo.-Les. Small
GeoLes
5th Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:20 am

Originally posted by GeoLes:
I enjoy being able to take a break, read a post or two, post a quick rewponse, all the time enjoying great music.

I think it is a relaxed, polite and friendly place to post (Kind of like Starbucks. Relax, read your paper, enjoy a latte, and listen to the music). I know what you mean by being hooked on it. I listen to WQXR as you do and I think you will agree with me that we hear the same rehashed "popular classics".

Hats off to you Beethoven.com.
GeoLes,

The only time during the day I can't listen to B.com is when I have to go to meetings.

Was listening to WQXR this morning (5:30AM) driving to work and they were giving away tickets. They were so mono-tone , dead sounding. The host said something about playing your favorite classical music. I chuckled.

Yes! Hats off to B.com!!!!!!!

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby GeoLes » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:31 am

Don't you love the stuffy 'Restaurant Critic' reviews by Lawrence Van Gelder, or 'The Theatre Review' by the "Theatre Critic of the New York Times"? How bourgois,
Geo.-Les. Small
GeoLes
5th Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:43 am

GeoLes,

Honestly, I tune them out as they bore me and I would rather just listen to the music on that station.

I guess that's why I like B.com so much.
The hosts are entertaining to listen to as well as their interaction with the listeners!

Regards,
TM

:)
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 10:38 am

I listen religiously to Beethoven radio on Sunday morning.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 2:48 pm

don't hog the board, serenity! :lol:
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 3:00 pm

:oops: Oink Oink!
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 3:20 pm

maybe I should go back to composing. :)
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 3:25 pm

What type of composition are you working on?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 pm

piece for pianist, clarinetist, etc.
that's the title.
currentlly, I'm writing this indicatin for the pianist "fast growl: "woogie woogie woogie"".
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 3:33 pm

Wow :shock: Sound like graduate material to me! Have you ever thought of composing a Red Sox Symphony in commemoration of their last crowning achievement after a century of drought?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 3:44 pm

yeah. several times. or an electronic piece using sound bites. or orchestra piece including samling. but I thing there will be copyright issues. :( but it's still somewhere in my plans..
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 3:48 pm

Copyright issues? Don't tell me it's like trying to get a username on Yahoo :shock: , just when you think you have an original username, thousands of others have thought of it :x Like your corporation in London :wink:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 3:50 pm

copyright issues with the Red Sox, Inc. and WEEI.
my company is in the Virgin Islands. :lo:
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 4:01 pm

Oh! sorry....I was looking at the ICP address.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 4:07 pm

yeah, I noticed.
My company likes the Virgin Islands better.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun May 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Have you seen the movie 40-year old virgin? Pretty funny! :lol:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun May 21, 2006 4:25 pm

no, but I think someone told me to watch it. I'll put it on my list now.
bignaf
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Radio-Active