Damn Popups!

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Damn Popups!

Postby BigJon@Work » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm glad the "hello" banner ad seems to be gone, but now there is a pop-up ad that starts talking at top volume when I first open b.com in the morning. It's incredibly unprofessional for that to happen in an office environment. If you want us to listen at work, someone should be thinking about this.

The vocals on the ad start with "congratulations you have been selected . . ." I'm usually done hitting the mute button by then so I don't know what the rest of the ad says. Please dump this advertiser. :x :evil:
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 pm

Jon, just cool down...relax and listed to the Cuban Ove(to)rture that is being aired. :D

Btw, I don't seem to get any pop-ups in the B.com homepage. The only site which somehow manages to irritate me with a pop-up ad is Dictionary.com
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby CLarsen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:16 pm

Sorry about that. If you can email us a screen capture of the offending pop-up we can yank it right away. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Postby barfle » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:27 am

I got the same one this morning. I usually just close them before they load up completely, and this one I was even more prompt on.

If I see it again, I'll screen capture it and send it in.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Return to Helping Hand