Marye's Nephew

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Marye's Nephew

Postby Marye » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:41 pm

Bigjon, you asked last week about my nephew Aaron Brock. There are many things I can say about Aaron. He is handsome, 31, holds a Ph.D. in performance guitar from the Eastman School of music. Talented. So very talented. He worked hard to play guitar. As a little boy his guitars were bigger than he was. He played Hendrix as a little boy and I like to think he did so because I loved Hendrix. I probably read more into that than was true, but I think I will hang on to that thought a bit longer. When Stevie Rae Vaughan died we both cried that day. I was 18 when Aaron was born and oh my he was a lovely little boy. I have always been proud of this lad's accomplishments but I am of all my nephews... I never needed children, you see; I had all my brother's kids to love. And I do. He has a website http://www.aaronbrock.com - there you can hear more of his work and see how truly beautiful he will always be. Yesterday morning, at this time, 12:32 a.m., our lovely Aaron died. Suddenly. No warning. His wife beside him trying to keep him alive while the paramedics got to him. But it was too late. His heart had a defect we didn't know about and neither did he.

It was good of you to ask last week Bigjon.... thank you. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:29 am

Oh Marye! I'm truly sorry for you and your family. How tragic! My condolences to you and yours....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby Marye » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:33 am

:cry:
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:43 am

"Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light—
Good-night, dear heart, good-night, good-night."

Mark Twain
Epitaph for his daughter, Olivia Susan Clemens (1896)

:cry:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:00 am

Oh my God, Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened!

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

:(
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Catmando » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:15 am

Marye,

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. You were just talking about him on here last week. My heart just sunk as I read your post. :cry:

I'm very sorry for your loss, Marye, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ray
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:47 am

Catmando wrote:Marye,

I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. You were just talking about him on here last week. My heart just sunk as I read your post.

Ditto that.

I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to you and your family...
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:04 am

Mary,

So sorry to hear about your nephew. Please accept my deepest consolences.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:51 am

My words are inadequate to provide solace, but please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. Those of us who love music also have lost an admired contributor to the art.

This is a tragedy.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:24 am

Oh Mary,
so very very sorry.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:43 am

My heartfelt condolences. There are no words, but please accept my deepest sympathy, for you and for all his family.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Marye » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:24 am

Sometimes the world is a very bad place to live.... thank you for making it more bearable.
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby bignaf » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:29 am

OMG. that's heartbreaking. :( condolences from here too. I'll check out his site. that's rough. you must've been so proud of him.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby BigJon@Work » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:44 am

So very sorry to hear. I hope you and yours are holding up as well as can be expected. :(
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby BenODen » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:49 pm

Egads, such a great loss, soo sorry to hear.
If only I could fly on my own wings.
BenODen
3rd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:56 pm

Our thoughts are with you Marye. Everyone at Beethoven is thinking of you and your family, all of our best.

Many of the kind folks on the Bulletin Board have sent in requests for Aaron's music. The Beethoven music library does not have any of Aaron's recordings on hand. Does Aaron have music on CD? We would love to pay tribute to him on the station and let people hear and learn about Aaron.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby dai bread » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:40 pm

Condolences indeed. It's always a tragedy when people die young, and there's a great sense of shock & loss.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Marye » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:11 pm

Bless all of you for requesting Aaron's music. Thank you all for being so very kind.

Aaron had just released his first CD, Tocatta, and as it turns out it is his last on a Canadian label called Analekta. Just released in May 2006 - I was absolutely gobsmacked to find it available on amazon.com and barnes and noble. I know that can't be such a big deal in the U.S., but I thought it was wonderful. I was so proud of him and like an incessant, idiotic cheerleader, I sent him a fan email when I saw his CD on amazon.com saying, "... yeah you!" He sent me a "lol" and a "pretty cool, hey?". Aaron had a CD that his pop, my brother, paid to create and he sold it at the concerts he gave, prior to signing with Analekta. I bought a box of these CD's at one concert and happily gave them away.."here, take this.. this is my nephew... here... please listen.. he is wonderful.... " I was a silly aunt, no doubt, and he just might have thought that too - but he was a kind man and never let on. You know? I even considered sending a CD to Beethoven.com, Nicole Marie, but I thought that just seemed over the top... thoroughly ridiculous... extremely stupid aunt, stuff. Wish I had had the courage to ask that you play it. It would have been a nice gift for him if I could have said, go to b.com at such and such a time and listen. My friends at b.com are playing your music. What joy that would have been.

Thank you all. :(
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby Catmando » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Marye wrote:I was so proud of him and like an incessant, idiotic cheerleader, I sent him a fan email when I saw his CD on amazon.com saying, "... yeah you!" He sent me a "lol" and a "pretty cool, hey?". Aaron had a CD that his pop, my brother, paid to create and he sold it at the concerts he gave, prior to signing with Analekta. I bought a box of these CD's at one concert and happily gave them away.."here, take this.. this is my nephew... here... please listen.. he is wonderful.... " I was a silly aunt, no doubt, and he just might have thought that too - but he was a kind man and never let on. :(

Not a silly aunt.......an aunt who deeply loved her nephew and was extremely proud of him and his accomplishments! :wink:

I'm looking forward to hearing some of Aaron's music. :guitar:
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Schmeelkie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:18 pm

Add my condolences.... :cry:

love to hear his work...
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Next

Return to Culture Connections