What kind of dog are you?

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby piqaboo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:19 pm

My cat only has a bad memory for good things. She has crystal clear recall of bad things. I still need to borrow Selma's cats (in situ of course).
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair
 
Posts: 7135
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:01 am
Location: Paradise (So. Cal.)

Postby Catmando » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:50 pm

Catmando wrote:I did this dog quiz. Turns out I'm an Italian Segugio.


OK, I just re-did this dog quiz, and I've gone from being an Italian Segugio to the dread-locks laden Irish Water Spaniel. :shock:
Last edited by Catmando on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catmando
1st Chair
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:01 am

Postby navneeth » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 pm

But at least you're still Italian. :P

Segugio Italiano - Now, that sounds like a chamber ensemble. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Madras, India

Postby Catmando » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:55 pm

navneeth wrote:But at least you're still Italian. :P

Segugio Italiano - Now, that sounds like a chamber ensemble. :D


Oops, that was a typo. I'm an Irish Water Spanial, not Italian. :)
Catmando
1st Chair
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:01 am

Postby navneeth » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Catmando wrote:
navneeth wrote:But at least you're still Italian. :P

Segugio Italiano - Now, that sounds like a chamber ensemble. :D


Oops, that was a typo. I'm an Irish Water Spanial, not Italian. :)


:(

You're still with the 'I'-thing, anyway.
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Madras, India

Postby Catmando » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 pm

navneeth wrote:
Catmando wrote:
navneeth wrote:But at least you're still Italian. :P

Segugio Italiano - Now, that sounds like a chamber ensemble. :D


Oops, that was a typo. I'm an Irish Water Spanial, not Italian. :)


:(

You're still with the 'I'-thing, anyway.


Very true! Perhaps next time I will be some sort of Indian, Iranian, Iraqi or Indonesian dog breed. :P
Catmando
1st Chair
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:01 am

Postby navneeth » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Let's wait and see. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Madras, India

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Ghostman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:50 am

I'm an ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD. I think I'm rather happy with that.
Ghostman
5th Chair
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 am

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby piqaboo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:30 pm

ARe you familiar with those beasts? If so, that makes you one of the 2 other people I know who are.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair
 
Posts: 7135
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:01 am
Location: Paradise (So. Cal.)

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Serenity » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:10 pm

I think I'm a bitch. :flex:
Serenity
1st Chair
 
Posts: 4666
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 12:01 am

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:06 am

Serenity wrote:I think I'm a bitch. :flex:



No No... It's your boss who is the .......

:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron
 
Posts: 11557
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:01 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Ghostman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:43 am

piqaboo wrote:ARe you familiar with those beasts? If so, that makes you one of the 2 other people I know who are.


Are you asking me if I am familiar with those "beasts"? (Anatolian Shepherds)

Beasts...? Um, wow. Do you not like them? I never heard of them until yesterday. I plan on doing some research on them. Simple curiosity, to see what kind of dog I am.
Ghostman
5th Chair
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 am

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby piqaboo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Have you heard of the beasts of the field? The birds and the beasts?

Anatolians are interesting dogs. They were bred not to guide sheep around, but to protect them from wolves etc. They are very territorial, and have been known to extend their territory to the entire block on which they live. They range from ~ 110 lbs (a small bitch) to over 165 (a large male).
They are beautifully configured long legged critters colored gold and black mostly. Some are cream. One of my amusing dog experiences was having a puppy who's back was hip-high to me, sit his 135 lb self down in my lap for snuggles. In contrast, we were warned not to make eye contact with his father, who tended to take eye contact as a personal challenge.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair
 
Posts: 7135
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:01 am
Location: Paradise (So. Cal.)

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:14 pm

piqaboo wrote:Anatolians are interesting dogs. They were bred not to guide sheep around, but to protect them from wolves etc. They are very territorial, and have been known to extend their territory to the entire block on which they live. .. we were warned not to make eye contact with his father, who tended to take eye contact as a personal challenge.

Sound sort of like Great Pyrenees, with which I am familiar. Live in the field with the sheep as an anti-predator sheep-guard. Difference is, unless you look closely the Pyrenees look like great big sheeps themselves. Sounds like the Anatolians are a little more agressive; the Pyrenees tend to discount and ignore humans unless it's feeding time.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair
 
Posts: 6273
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:01 am
Location: San Diego

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Went back and ran the CATS questionnaire again. This time I'm a Field Spaniel.

I seem to come up consistently spaniel. I always figured myself more of a hound. Or, perhaps, lapcat.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair
 
Posts: 6273
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:01 am
Location: San Diego

Re: What kind of dog are you?

Postby Ghostman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:57 am

piqaboo wrote:Have you heard of the beasts of the field? The birds and the beasts?

Anatolians are interesting dogs. They were bred not to guide sheep around, but to protect them from wolves etc. They are very territorial, and have been known to extend their territory to the entire block on which they live. They range from ~ 110 lbs (a small bitch) to over 165 (a large male).
They are beautifully configured long legged critters colored gold and black mostly. Some are cream. One of my amusing dog experiences was having a puppy who's back was hip-high to me, sit his 135 lb self down in my lap for snuggles. In contrast, we were warned not to make eye contact with his father, who tended to take eye contact as a personal challenge.


I read quite a bit about them after it was matched to me. They are impressive dogs for sure. I can't say I've ever seen one before.
Ghostman
5th Chair
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 am

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron