It can't happen here?

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:02 pm

Who was IowaNiceGuy on this board? Avivaldi72? Sounds like his style.

That was my suspicion. The timeframe looks about right.

Anyhow, if that's how they define 'nice' in Iowa, I think I'll not be visiting there anytime soon.

I stumbled on the blog while Googling for the "Pet Peeves" thread a few days back, and I thought I'd share the link with my fellow 'a_____e freeper Bush apologists'. :)

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby GreatCarouser » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:39 pm

BigJon wrote:
Shapley wrote: Regardless of the manner of teaching, some will be intolerant of others with divergent views, just as some of those who have visited here are intolerant of those who support President Bush and his policies.

Who was IowaNiceGuy on this board? Avivaldi72? Sounds like his style.
All I get from those asshole freeper-Bush-apologists at Beethoven.com (not all, just a select few) is a bunch of hostility and grief and THEY call ME the nasty one.

Pig-F___ers. They just don't like the fact that I am right about a few things, and their beloved Chimpy isn't.

[censored] them. May they rot in hell with Chimpy and Darth Cheney, and his back-stabbing-self-loathing repressed lesbo daughter of his.

Who knew Ann Coulter was schizophrenic? :roll:
and no, the above comment about Ms. Coulter was not directed at *igJon or Shap so just 'stop it' before it starts! :rant:
(Well, now that you've felt the need to 'explain' you've lost you know.....Ub.Ed)
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:58 pm

I love the language of 'nice'!
Who/where did this guy come from? Am confused.

Pleased to be a "freeper", whatever that is!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:25 pm

GreatCarouser wrote: Who knew Ann Coulter was schizophrenic? :roll:
and no, the above comment about Ms. Coulter was not directed at *igJon or Shap so just 'stop it' before it starts! :rant:
(Well, now that you've felt the need to 'explain' you've lost you know.....Ub.Ed)

Yep, sorry, I don't get the joke. Something to do with froth at the corners of the mouth, perhaps? :)

BTW, I'm no fan of Ann. I do like some of the topics she touches on because they would otherwise not get any play in the public conscience. Other than that, meh.
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby BigJon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:43 pm

piqaboo wrote: I love the language of 'nice'!
Who/where did this guy come from? Am confused.

I'm pretty sure its Avivaldi72's blog.

piqaboo wrote: Pleased to be a "freeper", whatever that is!

I had to look it up. It's a shorthand name applied to Bush-style conservatives by anti-conservatives with more than a little spittle at the corners of their lips. It's from the contraction of the name of the Free Republic website. You, my dear, I'm pretty sure could not be described as a freeper. :)
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:55 pm

BigJon wrote:Yep, sorry, I don't get the joke. Something to do with froth at the corners of the mouth, perhaps? :)

BTW, I'm no fan of Ann. I do like some of the topics she touches on because they would otherwise not get any play in the public conscience. Other than that, meh.

That's pretty much it, Jon...I was struck by the namecalling....which certainly isn't confined to her, but she does have a reputation that she plays off to increase her 'sphere of influence'. That behavior is certainly not confined to any point of view or gender but she just came to mind. It would be so simple to just change a couple of nouns and be reading her.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Re: It can't happen here?

Postby BigJon@Work » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:39 am

Now that the membership list is open to the public, I can confirm that IowaNiceGuy is indeed Avivaldi72, since he so nicely linked to his blog from his profile here.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2146

(I wouldn't suggest going there now, it has been overrun with spammers.)
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Previous

Return to Culture Connections