I know you are out there!!!

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby piqaboo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:45 pm

TM, OUCH!!!!!!

Is the recovered finger fully trumpet-functional? I surely hope so!
Last edited by piqaboo on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:46 pm

piqaboo wrote:TM, [b]OUCH!!!!!![/b]

Is the recovered finger fully trumpet-functional? I surely hope so!

Finger is Trumpet Functional!!!!

I've felt like I have that "Kick-Me" sign on my back...

It will get better!!!!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:22 pm

OperaTenor wrote:One can wear only so many sockpuppets.

On the sockpuppet count theme: I got my Needleworks catalog in the mail yesterday and there's a recipe for knitting miniature sock earrings. One can get multiple piercings, ear and otherwise, and the possibilities expand. :crazy: :bugeyes: :jump: :jump: :jump:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:25 pm

I figured the finger must've healed OK, since you're typing OK.

Electric hedge clippers!? I don't want to know. :cringe:

Glad you're healed up, we miss you when you're gone.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Selma in Sandy Eggo wrote:I figured the finger must've healed OK, since you're typing OK.

Electric hedge clippers!? I don't want to know. :cringe:

Glad you're healed up, we miss you when you're gone.

It was totally my fault....
I finished trimming the front of the house.....
Looked at a bush and said "that needs a bit more off the top"

I then rushed to finish and placed my hand in the wrong position....
:(

It really didn't hurt that much....
Gee... I could have been called "Stumpy" :lol:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:34 pm

TM...nice to see you back. That injury makes me cringe. As one who carelessly sliced my index finger (and tendon) whilst carving a ham at Thanksgiving years ago, I can relate.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:39 pm

jamiebk wrote:TM...nice to see you back. That injury makes me cringe. As one who carelessly sliced my index finger (and tendon) whilst carving a ham at Thanksgiving years ago, I can relate.

Thanks jamie....

I've been listening to b.com here at work all this time....
just been so busy... could not seem to get on the bbb..... until now!

I will try and be more diligent... and communicate a bit more

:D
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Catmando » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:25 pm

Trumpetmaster wrote:It really didn't hurt that much....
Gee... I could have been called "Stumpy" :lol:

Hello Stumpmaster, I mean.....Trumpetmaster. We have User Name Forum Mash Up where that name would go nicely. :o

Good to see you back on the board. I sliced the very tip of my left pinky finger on a deli meat slicer. "Sir, would you like that shaved, or sliced?" :rolleyes:
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:32 pm

audiogirl wrote:Is that our old Peter? As in Peter and Claire?

Jen, you are a darling. Yes, it's me (but not so old, thank you). :wink: I'm so pleased that you found your way back (as did I) from the wilderness. My very best to you and yours. You once mentioned a National Quiet (shhhh....) Day, or something? When is that? BTW, Clare is fine and dandy. :mrgreen:
Peter
3rd Chair

Re: I know you are out there!!!

Postby shostakovich » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Trumpetmaster wrote:
piqaboo wrote::sing: :sing:Come out come out where-ever you are, and meet the young lady who fell from a star! :sing: :sing:

Nicole Marie wrote:(This is your formal invite from the Queen herself.) :witch:

ROFLMAO.....

:rotfl: Touche Piq!

Hi TM. Hope you didn't aggravate your thrown out back by ROFLYAO. Get well soon. :wink:
Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:04 am

jamiebk wrote:TM...nice to see you back. That injury makes me cringe. As one who carelessly sliced my index finger (and tendon) whilst carving a ham at Thanksgiving years ago, I can relate.

Does it throb slightly every November?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:49 am

shostakovich wrote:
Trumpetmaster wrote:
piqaboo wrote::sing: :sing:Come out come out where-ever you are, and meet the young lady who fell from a star! :sing: :sing:

ROFLMAO.....

:rotfl: Touche Piq!

Hi TM. Hope you didn't aggravate your thrown out back by ROFLYAO. Get well soon. :wink:
Shos

Nope... :D

I'm doing better now... I'm calling my insurance company today...
If they cover it... I might go for acupuncture (spelling?)

:lol:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:52 am

Serenity wrote:

Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby jamiebk » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 am

Serenity wrote:

Hilarious!!! :rofl:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby audiogirl » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:47 pm

No one mourns the Wicked.
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Hellooooo!

Postby monkeymd2b » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:11 pm

Well, I think it's been a long time since I posted or even came here to browse the discussions. I've been obsessed with deciding between buying a new car or a new computer first...oh and then there's working 80 hrs a week.

Let's see, I finished my intern year of residency (got a little certificate too) and am a few months into the 2nd year. I've been on call as the senior resident and realized quickly how much easier intern call is. I really hate phone calls from patients since many call at insane hours with the weirdest questions/requests. One person called at 5 in the morning to find out if she can safely wait 2 hours to call the clinic for an appointment (she had vaginal discharge). Another called to tell me that he's still having blood in his urine then went off about why he can't psychologically handle a female doctor doing his cystoscopy. How do I politely tell him that I don't give a damn at 11 pm that he would prefer a male do the exam? Then there was the woman with the lymph node who had an issue with telling the doctor on call for her surgeon her story of lymph node problems yet had no difficulty telling me. Or the people who call the on call number then don't answer the phone when I call them back immediately. Argh. Okay, I'll stop complaining. Actually, senior call isn't too bad I suppose. This saturday I'm doing intern call (supertern, as we call it when an R2 or R3 does the intern call).

I got to spend a month on the Oregon Coast doing a rural medicine rotation. I actually worked 40 hours a week! So I went shopping :crazy: This month is pretty lax too...Behavioral medicine. Actually, It's kind of boring at times. Today I spent the entire day at the county STD clinic following the PAs and looking at slides. I was so bored I developed a headache. Passive roles like these really make the day go slowly. Tomorrow is a full clinic day though so that should go quickly.

I have vacation at the end of the month so I plan on painting the bathrooms and maybe the bedrooms. I also need to find something to decorate the living room.

Well, time for me to eat dinner (my mom has been visiting so I get meals prepared nightly)

Oh and payton and her parents will be visiting for thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to that. She knows who I am based on my graduation picture from med school. She apparently goes over to my parents house , points to my picture, and says, "Cara." We'll see if that translates into liking me in person since she was 15 months old the last time she saw me
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Postby piqaboo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:42 pm

Great to hear from you again, MMDUB!

monkeymd wrote:the people who call the on call number then don't answer the phone when I call them back immediately.

Oooo :oops: I've been guilty of that. The call came when we were at Chili's and I couldnt hear the phone ring even on high volume. :oops:
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby monkeymd2b » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:40 pm

Piq! How could you! JK...at least it wasn't at 2 am. One of my seniors got a call at 3 am from a guy who has had problems with constipation for 3 months and was fed up with it. Apparently his patience ran out at 3 am and felt the need to tell someone.
I think I do regular senior call on wednesday so we'll see what sort of calls I get that night.
Well, I need to eat. My mom is going home after 6 wks of visiting (family weddings and just taking care of her baby girl, aka me) so we're going to get ice cream.
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:51 pm

monkeymd2b wrote:One of my seniors got a call at 3 am from a guy who has had problems with constipation for 3 months and was fed up with it. Apparently his patience ran out at 3 am and felt the need to tell someone.

There are simply waaaay too many medical puns buried in those two sentences:

"constipation for three months and was fed up with it."

"patience ran out..." with regards to a doctor?

:D
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby barfle » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:19 pm

Nicole Marie wrote:We average about a dozen people each week who sign up for an account with the Bulletin Board.... I know you are out there. :neener:

I just happened to notice that the latest newbie signed up on September 25th, over three weeks ago!
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Nicole Marie