Bolero

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby navneeth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:50 am

The problem is one will remain. :evil:

Bolero v LvB's 7th
Cuban Overture v LvB's 9th :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:38 am

Catmando wrote:I'm more in favor of voting for a work that would be aired on B.com, not voting for a work to be eliminated from the playlist, which b.com would never agree to do anyhow.

Well, yes, they did. They held a poll and eliminated "Bolero" for an entire week. HRH Nicole Marie was very very happy. I was sad. So it goes.

I'm willing to vote for eliminating that Revenge thing, and the "classical" Doors CD.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:33 pm

Selma in Sandy Eggo wrote:Well, yes, they did. They held a poll and eliminated "Bolero" for an entire week. HRH Nicole Marie was very very happy. I was sad. So it goes.

Hmm, when was this poll Selma? Well, a week isn't too bad I guess. :D
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:05 pm

navneeth wrote:Bolero v Cuban Overture
:crazy:

I'll listen to the Cuban Overture over Bolero anyday! :o
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:24 pm

Catmando wrote:
navneeth wrote:Bolero v Cuban Overture
:crazy:

I'll listen to the Cuban Overture over Bolero anyday! :o

Ditto

8)
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby navneeth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:47 pm

I don't think I've listened to Bolero as many times as you guys have. :) I think I vote for Bolero. :D

I think we should really have a poll, not restricted to the BBB members, of course (too few). Let's see, here's an idea... we set up a poll, here in the board, Bolero v Cuban Overture, and Nicole and Scott announce it on air and ask people to vote by directing them to the BBB. This'll give us idea of which is preferred and also increase the number of members! :) If possible, we could make some kind of weekly poll.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Catmando » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:48 pm

navneeth wrote:I don't think I've listened to Bolero as many times as you guys have. :) I think I vote for Bolero. :D

I think we should really have a poll, not restricted to the BBB members, of course (too few). Let's see, here's an idea... we set up a poll, here in the board, Bolero v Cuban Overture, and Nicole and Scott announce it on air and ask people to vote by directing them to the BBB. This'll give us idea of which is preferred and also increase the number of members! :) If possible, we could make some kind of weekly poll.

I like the idea, Nav!
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:54 pm

There used to be a weekly poll on the main screen of beethoven.com, perhaps it could be revived?
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:09 pm

Catmando wrote:There used to be a weekly poll on the main screen of beethoven.com, perhaps it could be revived?

Yes, forgot about that. I think it was there for too short a time after I joined, and IIRC, didn't change much, either. If ever revived, we should make registration to BBB compulsory. :twisted:
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:02 pm

Naah. No compulsory anything.

If you want to avoid hearing something, just request more of whatever you do want to hear. That'll work. :grin:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:15 pm

navneeth wrote:I don't think I've listened to Bolero as many times as you guys have. :) I think I vote for Bolero. :D

I'll set up a "Chamber Match" thread in the Radio Active section.
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby shostakovich » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:35 pm

The nice thing about Bolero is that as soon as you notice it you can do something else for 10 minutes. When you come back, you haven't missed a thing.
Actually I like it.
Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 am

shostakovich wrote:The nice thing about Bolero is that as soon as you notice it you can do something else for 10 minutes. When you come back, you haven't missed a thing.

:rofl: Very true.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:25 am

Catmando wrote:There used to be a weekly poll on the main screen of beethoven.com, perhaps it could be revived?

Yep, and just as I had a great poll question dreamed up, it disappeared. :curse:

They gave away lots of beethoven.com goodies when they used your question.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:15 pm

barfle wrote:

Yep, and just as I had a great poll question dreamed up, it disappeared. :curse:

They gave away lots of beethoven.com goodies when they used your question.

:?: :? huh?
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:23 pm

Yes, they had a weekly poll, and it disappeared just as I had an excellent question to submit for it. They used questions submitted by listeners. They even credited the author of the question. I know, because they picked one of mine a few years ago. They gave away some cool stuff, and I was looking to get more cool stuff, so I dreamed up a question, but the next week, there was no poll question.

I even posted a new thread asking about it.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:34 pm

Thanks Barfle. I got confused and thought you were meant "my question" when you wrote "your question". And I was like "What? I don't see a poll question".

I remember the weekly poll question, but I didn't realize they gave away stuff to the author of the question. That's awesome!

They really ought to bring that back! :D
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:26 pm

shostakovich wrote:The nice thing about Bolero is that as soon as you notice it you can do something else for 10 minutes. When you come back, you haven't missed a thing.

I'd miss the movie - the one that runs on the inside of my forehead. :jump:
What?! You don't get the video? :shock:
shostakovich wrote:Actually I like it.

So do I. :grin:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:06 pm

Selma....I hope they (B.com) keep playing Bolero....If they cease to play the piece, I will seriously miss the descriptions of your visualizations. In a black and white world, they are like seeing a bit of technicolor. I used to experience such visualizations, but that was back in the 60's during college parties...it seemed to occur sometime after consuming the brownies :rofl:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:30 pm

Cool.

Today the flutes and clarinets and oboes have turned into snakes and are slithering around in ellipsoidal essssoteric formations. Sticking out their reeds and taunting the leaves.

(Jamie, I do this on nothing better than coffee and Excedrin. Perhaps it's a reaction to the continued thrill of editing maintenance manuals...)

Oh, and now the trumpets are sitting around in the trees, knocking the leaves off the branches and sneering at the snakereeds.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Nicole Marie