French Revolution

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby Shapley » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:45 pm

A lot of Dade County is in the Everglades National Park, and as such is under the auspices of the Federal Government. In most states, the county would still have jurisdiction there, but municipal government does not. I'm not sure if that is the case in Florida.

There are also areas of protected seashore that are not in the municipal jurisdiction. According to the Miami-Dade Website there is police and fire protection in these areas. There may be questions of jurisdictional boundaries arising from the combining of the City of Miami and the Dade County Public Safety Functions. Miami-Dade county is a home-rule district, so their jurisdictional situation will differ from the rest of the State.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:59 pm

Wildlife areas are not what Im referring to. Please reread original post.

Inside what most of us consider the city of miami, there are areas of 2-3 blocks that are labeled Unicorporated Dade County.
Even tho they are within the city limits in one sense, they are excluded (think indian reservation/US Federal borders).

Fire etc responds to the extent that they keep folks alive, prevent spread, but its not full service, because these areas are excluded.
Its really weird, and I have no idea how these excluded zones came to be.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby shostakovich » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:13 pm

I appreciate Haggis's listing of French warfare and its outcomes. Missing are the 2 clear victories of the French army over Captain Dreyfus --- in court. He was convicted twice of espionage in spite of his innocence. When it became abundantly clear that he had not been guilty, and the proper guilty party, a Captain Esterhazy, had been identified he was finally released from prison. He was pardoned, but the convictions were not overturned, thus giving the government a THIRD victory over Dreyfus.

Where else can you find government leaders who persist in a wrong decision long after the truth has kicked them in the ass?
:roll:
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:55 pm

Shos, sarcasm becomes you. You do it so well.
I hope Santa is good to you this year. I figure least he can do is clean out the chimney on his way in!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Previous

Return to The Debate Team