Christmas is coming! Gift ideas!

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Christmas is coming! Gift ideas!

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:11 pm

Barbie Doll and Tanner Scooper Dog Set

Fot that special little girl (or....boy to be PC)

Finally, Barbie has a dog that eats and makes a mess! Tanner the dog is soft and fuzzy and her mouth, ears, head and tail really move! You can open Tanner dog's mouth and "feed" her dog biscuits. Comes with a dog bone and chew toys that Tanner can hold in her mouth, too. When Tanner has to go to the bathroom, Barbie doll cleans up with her special magnetic scooper and trash can. Posable Barbie doll included. Ages 3 and up.

Ya can't make up stuff like this
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 pm

What exactly is Tanner having in his mouth? :yuk:
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:12 pm

And to think I was partial toward the 60 inch 1080P plasma display with Blu-ray player. What was I thinking? :roll:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:05 pm

:snicker: I just bought a Thomas the Train snare drum for Mikey, off the b.com "Shop -> Holiday Shopping" dropdown link to Amazon. Nifty.

I shall have my own Little Drummer Boy. Then I can send him home to his poor abused parents. :snicker: :laugh: :rotfl:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:27 pm

Selma in Sandy Eggo wrote::snicker: I just bought a Thomas the Train snare drum for Mikey, off the b.com "Shop -> Holiday Shopping" dropdown link to Amazon. Nifty.

I shall have my own Little Drummer Boy. Then I can send him home to his poor abused parents. :snicker: :laugh: :rotfl:

Ah Revenge...... :wink:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:41 pm

:LOL:
Coincidence is a funny thing, eh?

When we returned from visiting you, the cats and the sewing machine, Altoid engaged her dad in their first ever (so far as I know) drum concert. Every so often she'd stop, so he'd stop, then she'd yell something like "We're all buddies!" and start drumming again (two drums for her, a tamborine for OT). Then she took a break, fetched me to listen, decided listening was insufficient ann brought me her "piano" (one of those horrible toy xylophones. This one has keys as well as strike plates).
We had a rollicking concert and the drums ended up having to go to bed with the Altoid.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:46 pm

Conjecture...........
If I gift-wrapped a little tree branch, a rock and some sand in a plastic cup, would they take on special status on Christmas morning? I would do it for the fun but I doubt "the spouse" would think it funny :rofl:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:55 pm

One Christmas, wen I was younger and poorer, my cousins had a huge box under the tree for my uncle. When it was time to open gifts, he found a smaller, gift-wrapped box inside the big box. Three to four boxes later he pulled out a small, palm sized envelope which contained a "drivers license" crayon-decorated by his kids with his picture on it. That was one of the my most memorable Christmas memories; everyone laughed as he unwrapped box after box. :rofl:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:46 am

Christmas Trilogy"
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

and

Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy"
David Bowie/Bing Crosby

:D
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Some people get just a little carried away with the Christmas decorations...

Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Angie Parkes » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:13 pm

About 15 years ago or so, Rob and I were very short of money over Christmas and decided not to spend any more than $10 each on each other. I had really wanted a pair of "pearl" earrings, just cheap imitation of course, but I really wanted some.

Under the tree for me from Rob was a new science fiction paperback, some new pencils (I have a thing about brand new pencils) and a box about .5 cubic metres that was heavy on one side and rattled, too. When I opened the box it was stuffed with popcorn which covered a couple of potatoes and box of TicTac mints, explaining the weight and rattling. About a dozen bits of string poked out from the popcorn. As I pulled on each string, it appeared that all except one were attached to little romantic notes from Rob to me. The one remaining string was attached to a little piece of cardboard with pearl earrings attached.

I've had more expensive presents, but I don't think any were more memorable.
Cheers,
Angie
Angie Parkes
3rd Chair

Postby barfle » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:10 pm

And another thread goes...
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:40 am

Angie, thats a super story!

Reminded me of a gift a student once gave my mom.
It was a big box, ~ 14" square, and it made no sound when shook.
The student suspended it from the neon lights in the classroom about 2 weeks in advance, and there this large cube hung. My mom made a guess a day and never came close.
When she unwrapped it, the box was completely empty. The gift was a record (LP) that had been used to form one side of the box!

barfle, that is hilarious. Another thread goes.... indeed!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:28 am

Barfle,

"And another thread goes..."

[indignant sniff]...And I had such high expectations when I started this thread....[/indignant sniff]
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Angie Parkes » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:40 pm

piqaboo wrote:The gift was a record (LP) that had been used to form one side of the box!

What a great idea! In fact, you've just given me wrapping ideas for a "gift certificate". K1 is getting snowboarding lessons for Christmas, but there's not much to wrap other than the registration confirmation letter (he's already got all the gear). But I think I'm going to do something with a CD case....
Cheers,
Angie
Angie Parkes
3rd Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:16 pm

You can't imagine how sad I was that I didn't get one of these
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:45 pm

Every kid has his dream.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections