What I want for Christmas from Beethoven.com Forum

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby BigJon » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:19 pm

OperaTenor wrote:
bignaf wrote:
you're doing it wrong. type what you want first, then select it and add size or whatever, select again, and add what ever you want, and so on und sofort

That was the way I attempted it, and it would only take one of the alterations, not both.

Hey OT, I noticed it seems to work different in different browsers for some reason. What browser were you using?
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby bignaf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:53 pm

I used IE6, I'm now trying with Mozilla.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:54 pm

IE6 Again
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:58 am

BigJon wrote:
OperaTenor wrote:
bignaf wrote:
you're doing it wrong. type what you want first, then select it and add size or whatever, select again, and add what ever you want, and so on und sofort

That was the way I attempted it, and it would only take one of the alterations, not both.

Hey OT, I noticed it seems to work different in different browsers for some reason. What browser were you using?

The only one I ever use, FF.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:04 am

Shapley wrote:OT,

I update mine only when somebody brings the old forum back to the top. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say. No sense knocking yourself out over photos that aren't being looked at. As Barfle notes, if somebody is reading the forum and they want to look at the photo, they only have to do the 'cut and paste' thing to view the site, as long as the link is intact.

V/R
Shapley

As I'm sure you've noticed, I don't knock myself out to fix them, and I don't knock myself out to post new ones.

It was simply a matter of the question being asked and answered.
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:23 pm

The formatting thing is odd because it works for me, and we use same systems except i have a dell laptop and OT has the lovely Mac.

We shall try again when the dust settles from concert week, and see if we can fix it.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:34 pm

piqaboo wrote:...we use same systems except i have a dell laptop and OT has the lovely Mac...

a rather significant difference, eh? Maybe mmdSheB will let us know how her Mac does it.

Test phrase

Test phrase
(highlighted and italic button clicked)
Test phrase
(highlighted, italic button clicked, then bold button clicked)
Test phrase
(highlighted, italic button clicked, bold button clicked, then color selected)
Test phrase
(highlighted, italic button clicked, bold buttoned clicked, color selected, then size selected)

I noticed that whenever I clicked a button the endbracketed tags showed up as part of the highlighted phrase and were themselves highlighted, thus were ready for the next tag application.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:47 pm

piqaboo wrote:The formatting thing is odd because it works for me, and we use same systems except i have a dell laptop and OT has the lovely Mac.

We shall try again when the dust settles from concert week, and see if we can fix it.

Yes....it's puzzling.

The only thing, it could be attibutable to.....is human error. :P

:badputer:
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:26 pm

I'm not really all that concerned about it, espcecially compared to the things we lost.
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Cat, ptththththT!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:11 am

I would like to see weekend segments featuring Composer Musical biographies. The life of a composer would be featured on a weekend and certain compositions would be played throughout the day that were significant from a personal or historic perspective. Events in the composer's life would be discussed briefly to highlight a composition's emotional backdrop. The weekend feature could focus on a composer's entire lifetime or span a specific period of time or body of works, depending on the intent of the segment. The overall intent of the feature would be educational, build an appreciation of classical music and the contributions of the composer.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:38 am

That's a nice idea, Serenity. They already have one like that about Opera on Sundays.
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:40 am

Hello Serenity-

We are working on podcasting! Once we get the podcasts up and running we will offer composer bios and music. The podcasts will be about one hour long and FREE! We hope to offer a few each month.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:55 am

Nicole Marie wrote:Hello Serenity-

We are working on podcasting! Once we get the podcasts up and running we will offer composer bios and music. The podcasts will be about one hour long and FREE! We hope to offer a few each month.

:jump: That's great!
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Very cool! We're on the same wavelength :mrgreen:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:50 am

AWESOME!

Guess I have to get an iPod now.
- William Penn

OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Serenity » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:51 am

OT, I doubt you need an iPOD.

Check the article on podcasting in Wikipedia......

so we don't sound like Jessica Simpson in that tv commercial:

"I totally don't know what that means but I want it." (this phrase should go in the pet peeves thread).
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby monkeymd2b » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:02 pm

Why do you need a valid reason for an iPod other than just wanting one?!? Hee hee! When my beloved OtterPop seemed to die trying to teach me spanish, I was sad for awhile cause I had no other source of music other than the limited collection on my old powerbook. Then I thought, hey! I can now buy a new ipod! Then Otterpop came out of his coma with all songs intact so there went that plan. And since my purchase wish list was new laptop, new car, new camera, more shoes. I unfortunately could only put new iPod as high as #3.

Okay so as far as colors and bolding etc, I really don't do it at all but I tried it for this post. I highlighted the text and then chose the color menu then the bold button, then the size button but I had to keep highlighting the text I wanted. let's see what happens...
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Postby monkeymd2b » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:05 pm

Seemed like it worked just fine! It's just a little tedious!
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Postby navneeth » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:07 am

I use a Firefox extension called BBCode for this stuff.

But they syntax for the size seems to be different.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Helping Hand