Summary - near as I can figure it.
1. composed before 1821? No.
(Clarification put it after 1831)
2. composer born before 1772? No.
3. Composed before 1896? Yes.
4. Composor born East of Prime Meridian? Yes.
5. Composed before 1829. N/A
5a. Composer Born In Nation that borders the Rhine? NO.
6. Choirs or Chants? No. (This one caused me confusion, as I read 'chants' as vocals!)
7. Orchestral? No
8. Featured Instrument? Yes
9. Russian, Finnish, or Scandinavian Composer? Yes.
10. Russia or Finland? Yes
11. Finland? No
12. Mussorgsky? No
13. Composer born in 1830's? No.
14. Rimsky-Korsakov? No.
15. Tchaikovsky? Yes.
16. Solo Instrument? Yes. (Note on vocals)
17. If solo, piano? Yes.
18. Composed in 1878? No.
19. After 1878? No.
20. Major Scale? Unknown
21. Collection of single Movement Works? Yes
Navneeth's guess - The Seasons (Opus 37)? No.
Shapley's guess - Three pieces: Meditation, Scherzo and Melody op. 42, for violin and piano? No.
22. Odd-numbered opus? No
23. Does it have an opus? Yes.
24. Opus less than 40? Yes.
(This left only four possibilities, all with the same title.
25. Opus number ends in 6? Yes
Dai Bread's Guess - Opus 28 - voided by question 24.
Dai Bread's Guess - Opus 16? No.
This left only Opus 6, which no one guessed.
Last edited by Shapley
on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.